Hobbies

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Attachments

• dkter3ktb0_804.gif
    dkter3ktb0_804.gif
    217.9 KB · Views: 105
I really enjoy making model aircraft which I haven't been able to do in quite a while (read 20 years) and reading about history, especially aviation history. I've also have an interest in N scale model railroading.

Railroading is cool. Wish I had the space. Went to a Model RR meet and MAN WHAT A KICK. I gotta hand it to those guys, diorama experts. There was one meet that had spec'd track interfaces so that each participant could build their own theme. All they had to do was combine dioramas based upon table height, depth, and track guage/location. Man it was all over the map and the trains all cruised through each scenario with about 6 engineers. I was fascinated for hours.

I think my true love is Japanese maples. I grow them from seed (generic)
and I'm learning to graft the cultivars. Not doing too good on grafting, tho
For the year 2007 I grafted over 40 maples and had 13 take. I'm still learning.
Becca Les got a beauty I sent them. I do balsa/tissue rubber powered
models too.

Charles

N gauge ey.........I used to do british and american N scale. Got it packed away at the moment. Problem I was Im more interested in building the railways/railroads then running them. :lol:

I enjoy both fullscale and HO scale US railroading, mostly from the 1900's to before CONRAIL...
Have a few friends that's planning to build a layout back in Sweden. Three of my closest and best friends are Erie, DL&W and Erie-Lackawanna fanatic, one is D&RGW and another one is UP and AT&SF follower...
Myself, I'm turning into a CMStP&P fanatic much like USS Coral Sea and USS Yorktown.... But, I try to read as much about my other favorite companies: GN, NP, SP, N&W, RDG, D&H, GM&O, NYNH&H and WM....busy, busy...
At the same time, trying to figure out how to get money AND time to take lessons for a driving licence again....
When it comes to hobbies, I'm never bored....:lol:

mine are Sports, Cars (mainly Japanese and some classic Euros) and of course drinking with the boys hahah I have gotten quite good at this! My footy club awards 2 jugs of beer to best on ground and some of the boys at club can even jug scull hahah thats my goal after a couple of months!

My number one thing is cars. I'm always tinkering and modifying mine, or getting very annoyed when the break down yet again. A very expensive hobby, but an enjoyable one. I also love watching films and have around 500 DVDs, along with around 1000 albums. Then there's watching football (or soccer if you will) and model kits

Users who are viewing this thread

Back