Hobby Boss F4U-4 Corsair, Custom. 1:72 Scale.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

[SC] Arachnicus

Senior Airman
May 1, 2012
West Chester OH
I did my best with this one. As most of you know I am new at this so there are plenty of imperfections, but I did take my time. The "SC" is a squadron I am in on FB where a large group of us play Skies of Glory (WW2), Rise of Glory (WW1), and Sky Gamblers Air Supremacy (Modern jets). These are all mobile device games. The "109" represents a Corsair that one of my fellow squad members grandfather was in charge of maintaining in WW2. I bored in thin brass pipe to represent 20 MM cannons. I either lose or break off the plastic antennas, so I replaced them with pins. The bomb and harness in the middle is off scrap P-40 model.

The "SC" and "109's" are dry transfer decals which are completely unforgiving and a pain in the a$$ to put on.

c1-46.jpg
C2-46.jpg
c3-46.jpg
c4-46.jpg
c5-46.jpg
c6-46.jpg
c9-46.jpg
c12-46.jpg
c13-46.jpg

Tom

Not too bad Tom. Cannons are a touch over scale, but good thinking. Watch you don't injure yourself on those 'pin' antenna masts - don't want you going down with some obscure infection !

With Terry, you've done a good job again Tom, and I love how you're improvisng mods already - you'll be scratchbuilding cockpits in no time!

Are you going to paint the canopy frames, btw?

I agree with Evan and Terry. Not too bad at all. :thumbright:
A small note for future projects though ... please pay more attention to a model geommetry. It is quite important for a final appearance of a model.

Also a tip for making antenna masts in order to avoid some obscure infection ... a such details can be made by stretching a piece of a sprue holding it over a candle flame for making the plastic soft. Then stretching .... in the way you can obtain not only thin plastic masts but a long thin thread for antenna wire.

With Terry, you've done a good job again Tom, and I love how you're improvisng mods already - you'll be scratchbuilding cockpits in no time!

Are you going to paint the canopy frames, btw?

It is painted, it may be the sunlight hiding the paint.

Not bad at all! Right idea about the cannons, but you might want to insert some Evergreen plastic rod into your current "cannon" with them perhaps sticking out only 2mm or so. I think this would better mimic the cannon barrel within the stainless outer sleeve.

I think Evan meant the rest of the canopy frame - the bottom of the windscreen, the bottom of the sliding canopy, which is angled, and the rear canopy 'hoop'.
Here's a pic of a Corsair at Duxford, showing part of what we mean.

Attachments

• Czech 037.jpg
    Czech 037.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 187
With all here. Yah done well pilgrim!
Just a bit more attention to the seams.
Take a closer look at how the gear legs fit into the wings. Should be well and secure into the receiving holes.

Cannot fault your progress at all matey.

Absolutely! I always look forward to your work and your posts. My comment about 2mm cannons sticking out of the outer stainless sleeves in 1/72nd scale is shite advice too. But you get exactly what you paid for it suppose. :rolleyes: My bad. Keep your posts coming. :toothy5:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back