Honoring Adolf (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

How many cities are we talking about? And are they any large cities??

Kinda reminds me of old town laws in the US which were never revoked even though they are now absurd (like illegal to wear green shoes and a red hat, or to keep at least three paces behind a female when walking down Travis Str, stuff like that...)

Kris

I would not say that they are forgotten. It is just that know one cares. A 23 year old citizen of that town does not know or care that Hitler is a "citizen" of his town.

He is dead is the way that they see it.

In Britain those laws are called "Common Law" - such laws are very rarely changed with time but merely become out-dated and left behind. They are overruled by Parliament or European Law anyway so; no, you can't kill a Scotsman in York with a bow and arrow and taxis' don't have to carry a bale of hay anymore.

"Common Law"

Seek knowledge before claiming to know it.

Common Law is the foundation of principles laid down since the "Magna Carta"

Nothing more, and nothing less.

The fundamental principle of a persons right to defend what is theirs, and how a state should act is a few miles of legal papers apart from Hitler being an "honorary citizen" of Whampump Germany.

Stuff me, teaching an "englishman" his own history. :rolleyes:

Kinda like saying "the lancaster is the best bomber" and having an american A-10 plastered everywhere.

I was replying to Civenttone's comment about old U.S town laws.

Common Law is actually still laid down by Judges and Courts, and refers now to the Civil Law. Any break of this can only result in compensation. For example, Common Law sets duties of care in the case of Health and Safety at Work.

European Law and Statute Law are laid down by European parliament and U.K parliament respectively (Statute has to be enacted by the Queen). These overrule all Common Law and are used in Criminal Law where fines and criminal convictions can be handed down.

Sources of U.K law are Common, European and Statute (Or Parliament) Law. It's not a history lesson; it's basic law.

Common Law is used as the backbone to make decisions in civil law cases not change the common law itself. Due to the fact that the common law is not defined but is more a collection of decisions around one legal point over time by many judges using each others decisions to award penalties etc.

Common Law

I'm well aware of what Common Law is. It's not award penalties etc. only compensation can be handed in a Civil Law case.

So, you're not teaching an Englishman about his own history.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back