Hope some one can help me out here. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bustedwing

Tech Sergeant
Dec 6, 2005
North Delta BC
Havn't been on the site for quite a while and now that it's October up here in the Great White North I'm hibernating in my basement again. I have this Revell JU-88C 1/72 scale night fighter kit. Pretty bad kit all in all, typically seriously devoid of any kind of detail.
I can't seem to find any acurate pics of the interior of the 88C. I would like to scratch build some detail into this lifeless kit.
Lot's of pics of the bomber versions but none of the nightfighter. Any one have any or point me to some ?
Cheers !

You say, you have.

Source unknown.

Attachments

• ju88 panel1.jpg
    ju88 panel1.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 183
And the second pic I've found.I hope I've been helpful.

Source unknown.

Attachments

• ju88 panel2.jpg
    ju88 panel2.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 202
Bustedwing I cannot wait to see them.Some months ago Pisis tried to convert the Revell Ju88 A into Ju88C.But there is no info if he did it.

No problem Wayne.:)

OK. Wayne the floor is yours.

I shortly only.Ju 88 A was a bomber and Ju 88 C was a ground-attack variant of the aircraft.Generally, the plane was a multi-purpose one.

This is the kit I have....It's OLD !

IMG_1654.jpg

The cockpit consists of a single molded piece with both seats and a stick, that's it.

IMG_1655.jpg

The engines arent bad, added a few hydraulic lines and some plug wires. The cowl is hopeless. I'm re doing them with some bits of styrene.

IMG_1658.jpg

One of the wings. Panel lines and rivets etc. I cut out the flaps so they can be installed fully down.

IMG_1664.jpg

Good luck with your build Bustedwing.

Ccheese, as Wurger stated the Ju88A series was primarily a bomber, but evolved into a multi purpose attack aircraft. The C series a direct conversion of the A series removing the external dive brakes and bomb racks starting out as a ground attack and progressing to a heavy fighter and Night Fighter under the various C designations.
Primarily the fuselage and wings remained fairly constant, while the nose/cockpit, engines and armament changed and evolved for the differing variants. The main visual difference being that the C had a solid nose the A a glass panel nose.
Bustedwings C box top shows the solid nose.
There are many minor variations and modifications in each model that I won't go down that path at this time.....

Bustedwing keep it on.The engines look nice especially they are in 1:72 scale.
Unfortunately my comp is not accessible for me today but when I can do it I upload a pic I made for Pisis to show what should be converted from A-4 to C-4.But the pic has already been uploaded somewhere in the forum.

Wurger, wasn't the tail modified a little thicker or was that a later variant? I remember seeing a camo where the old tail was painted on to simulate the bomber version to fool attacking aircraft.

Wurger, wasn't the tail modified a little thicker or was that a later variant? I remember seeing a camo where the old tail was painted on to simulate the bomber version to fool attacking aircraft.

There was something about this at the forum some months ago.But I haven't remember if it was about Ju-88.But you are probably right.I'll check it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back