Horton Brothers Flying Wings (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Neilster have you read the whole thread from page 1? Please do so and you will see what I mean.

Well I already apologised so your post is unnecessary. It's of little consequence if something is repeated anyway.

A typically weird, arrogant South African attitude too. Who the hell do you think you are?

Ahhh @sshole, blah blah blah blah..........

So by the way what do you know about South Africa? To go on the net and find out about South Africa will be stupid.

The jet is way of future, but there were more than jets made by Horten.
I LIKE THOSE GLIDERS! Had the opportunity to see some of the restauration works in Berlin back in the late 90´s. I scanned some pics I got from the chief for You.
The ultimate evolution of glider planes back in the 40´s!

Attachments

• aay.jpg
    aay.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 345
  • abe.sized.jpg
    abe.sized.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 345
  • abg.sized.jpg
    abg.sized.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 343
  • abi.sized.jpg
    abi.sized.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 354
  • abn.sized.jpg
    abn.sized.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 337
  • abq.sized.jpg
    abq.sized.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 333
those are some pics from the US judging by the registration and backgrounds
I think thats a pt 17 in the back of one looks like the 50's judging by the dress and fuel pump

That´s correct. According to what I was told, these pics are relative to the only two surviving Ho-IV gliders flown loved by englishmen R.C. Forbes, who used this plane to fly in the late 50´s in the States. In 1959 Dr. August Raspet of the Mississippi state University again made performance tests with this very Horten glider (tests showed a ~10% performance loss in comparison to 1943). The plane was also flown by Robert Kronfeld and RUDOLF OPITZ in August 1952 for the national US gliding championship (Opitz ended beeing Nr. 7) and for the midwest Championship in Toledo (Opitz won the title with the Ho-IV).

Henk said:
Ahhh @sshole, blah blah blah blah..........

So by the way what do you know about South Africa? To go on the net and find out about South Africa will be stupid.

Plenty, and who said I went to the net?

Your attitude is the problem here. You started this with your haughty responses to my posts. If you look at my first post on this forum, you'll see that I've actually achieved something in aviation and other fields. According to your profile you've achieved a bunch of posts and unemployment. So pull your head in boy. I don't argue with callow youths.

Try using correct punctuation and grammar too. You'll look like less of a moron.

Alright guys, both of you need to settle down now.

Nielster, you need to check yourself. Who do you think you are coming in here and insulting someone like that. You will not insult anyone based off there nationality. I dont give a **** if you dont like South Africans. Second that comment about him being a punk was uncalled for.

I dont care what you have accomplished in the aviation world. There are others here as well including myself, FBJ, Even, Glider and many many more that have plently of training and experience as well, so dont ****ing use that as a chip at the table.

If you have a poblem following the guidlines of this forum, then you may leave at any time. I suggest you stop this nonsense and be a productive member or leave....

I am giving you a warning for this one more outburst and you will be forced to leave.

You are lucky that I am responding to this and not the Minister of Whoopass!

Henk to you as well though. You are not a moderator here and do not need to tell people how to make there posts or what to post. You are only a member of this forum. Dont try and be a moderator...

OK cool Adler I agree 100% with you and I was out of line there and I apologize. I would also like to apologize to Nielster if I said anything that might have upset him.

I think it would have led to being a great bomber but as the US found out, you needed fly by wire to make a large flying wing work and that was not on the German table at the time of its design.

I think for the time it would have been revolutionary, but it would not have been practical with the technology of the time.

Flying wings are not bad concepts Lanc, look at the B-2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back