How to mimic the wheelwel colors Japanese WW2 aircraft? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

looney

Airman 1st Class
May 6, 2010
Hey all.
I recently bought a nice Fujimi kit of an Oscar (Ki-43) I was wondering how I could mimic to metalic blue green color it has for the interiour?

I don't use an aibrush and I use Revell acrylics, I was thinking of 1st painting the interiour aluminium and then using filters and/or washes of
blue and green to achieve the desired effect.

Normally I would try it out but if it doesn't work I never be able to clean it back up.

thanks in advance

Do you mean the colour ?

oscar_7.jpg

I would suggest using the ModelMaster 2119 Japanese Interior Metallic Blue enamel or Gunze H63 Japanese Blue-green metallic acrylic paint ...

38-T2119.jpg

Gunze H63.JPG

If you don't want to buy one of these above I would suggest Humbrol 50 or mixing Humbrol 109 and Humbrol 88 ( ratio 70/30 ) with some of silver Humbrol 11.

If you can get White Ensign Colourcoats in the Netherlands they do a great range of Japanese colours, including "Aotake".
Cheers
Steve

That's true. But if you can't find any of these above you may try to mix the Revell 36161 Emerald Green with the Revel 36190 Silver or Revell 36199 Aluminium. Also you may add a drop of the Revell 36150 Light Blue or 36152 Blue. The ratio for the mixture about 80-90/20-10. Remember that the Aluminium or Silver paints cause getting darker of a final colour.

I also have a Ki-43 which I will be doing later and I'm glad I saw this as I thought it was just metallic blue over aluminum. I have the blue metallic so how about if I added clear green into the mix.

Geo

Thanks all! I normally use revell acrylics (mainly cause I have mostly revell kits, and it's easy to come by).

But I might look for the other brands mentioned. I might even do build report on her :)

Would be happy to see your build report on her. Just start it in the Start to Finish Builds sub-section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back