How would YOU fly?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Also Lanc, even modern radars can't track COUNTLESS targets. There is still a finite limit to what even modern computers and software can handle.

the computers on the apahche (so i can't spell..................) can track, if my memory serves me correctly, 184 targets, and prioritise the mest dangerous 64 in under 3 seconds..............................

Question are militaries becomming overly dependent on computers and softwhere? Personally I like the AH-64 C the "LongBow" is nice, but also is not used in great numbers. I think if memory is correct that it is linked to the other Apaches so it can help target for them. That is a long cry from the first Rotery wings in WWII. :)

AS for the Lightening, I really am unread, so sorry Plan_D. Any sugestions on where I could read up on it?

That's only on the D model equipped with the Longbow MMW radar and that is still a finite number of targets.

184 is still more than i can count in 3 seconds, let alone prioritise the most dangerous 64..........................

The AH-64D can pass targeting data on to other Apaches. The real beauty of the system is the new model Hellfire missle using MMW radar for guidance which is a truly fire-and-forget weapon. The result is that 4 AH-64s can in a matter of seconds launch 64 Hellfire missles each with something upwards of a 90% hit rate. At least, that's the theory.

Well the thing is, each of those $64,000 missles would be knocking out a $500,000 or so T-72. That expirement would get pretty expensive pretty quickly.

Yes Grannies love boy toys, but only for the spare change in their purses... We'll have to pimp u out quite a bit 2 get the $$$ we'll need for the demonstration... Hope u ate ur Wheaties...

And u dont have a choice.... No young hottie is gonna pay us for ur unexperienced services....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back