How would YOU fly? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Crazy

Senior Airman
Dec 3, 2003
crazyscreens.250free.com
If you had the choice to fly any plane, for any air force, in any squadron, in any theater, during any year of WWII, where/when/what would you fly?

Ok. I know this one. P-38 Lightning (whichever model was in service at the time), PTO, USAAF 5th AF, 475th FG, 432nd (Clover) FS, and I'd stayed there as long as I could. Like I said, I've already done the sketches for what my plane would look like.

Me-262A-1a ~ III Staffel ~ I Gruppe ~ Jagdgeschwader 7. 1945. ETO.
I don't care if they were getting in trouble by bombing raids, and Mustangs hanging over their bases. I'd want to fly one.

plan_D that should read either 1-3 staffels of I. gruppe or 7-9th staffels of the III./JG 7

personally I will fly a German UFO any day. stealth is always an awesome prospect

spacecraft.gif

plan_D said:
Me-262A-1a ~ III Staffel ~ I Gruppe ~ Jagdgeschwader 7. 1945. ETO.
I don't care if they were getting in trouble by bombing raids, and Mustangs hanging over their bases. I'd want to fly one.

I would do the same plane and year, but any Staffel in Jv44.

(Is Jv Jagerband? I saw it somewhere, but it was spelt differently)

POINTLESS ? what are you talking about bud ........... ha, ha flying saucer=stealth UFO...........get it ?

no JV 44 was one oversized staffel in size and it was just JV 44, no staffel no gruppe number. There was a high cover staffel of 5-7 Fw 190D's with underwing and lower fusleage stripes in red and white so German fla would not shoot them down. It was called the Würger Staffel.

Grüß

E ♪

Erich said:
POINTLESS ? what are you talking about bud ........... ha, ha flying saucer=stealth UFO...........get it ?

no JV 44 was one oversized staffel in size and it was just JV 44, no staffel no gruppe number. There was a high cover staffel of 5-7 Fw 190D's with underwing and lower fusleage stripes in red and white so German fla would not shoot them down. It was called the Würger Staffel.

Grüß

E ♪

No, no, I meant what do the initials "Jv" mean. What DO they mean after all?

I apoligize as I misunderstood. well at least you know now the makeup of Galland's circus

JV means Jägerverband or fighter formation. Has been called the squadron of experts as well which is a bit funny on one hand. Many of the pilots were Ritterkreuz award winners but also pilots with excellent flying skills were pulled out of units that were already hampered by the RAF and US fighter formations during 1945. for these lucky pilots they were probably saved from destruction as many did not fly the Me 262 at all and just sat around the field waiting for the war to end. They should of stayed where they were to bolster the moral of the new ill-trained pilots who were sitting ducks

I've chaged my mind about what i'd want to fly, i thing i'd rather fly a hurricane intecepting He-111 during the BoB, just keep me away from the 109s.......................

Defenetly a Yokosuka D4Y during the marianas turkey shoot :p

P-47 Thunderbolt during the intercepting missions or a spitfire over the United Kingdom protecting london ^^ . ETO!

I've given this some thought and have decided that I would like to be a little more specific in my time frame. I would have definitely wanted to have been with the 475th FG during Nov-Dec. of 1944. The ultimate versions of the P-38 were coming into service and their record was amazing. During that two month period they achieved 169 kills in the air against the loss of 9 P-38s and only 4 pilots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back