Howdy From Texas

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

lucanus

Airman
Jul 31, 2007
Texas
Hi Guys,
I am a former Jarhead with a bent for Military History and
modelling. I am currently researching the 384th BG for my
Uncle Levi, who flew 32 missions as a TT/Eng without a
scratch. At the end of the war in the ETO he transferred
to the PTO and was in one of the first landing in Japan with
the 15th AF. Their mission was to send POWs back to the states.
Not bad for a farm boy from Arkansas. A couple of months back
he took his 33rd mission aboard 'Nine-O-Nine' and really got a kick out of
it. I have an extensive aircraft and military library (much to my
loving wife's dismay)...So if I can help anyone drop me a line. Yall
gotta nice site here...Congrats!

Welcome Lucanus, from a fellow Marine. What was your MOS? I'm in Advanced Helos at NAS Whiting Field, then I'm off to New River.

Semper Fi Lucanus - be aware mkloby is a brain dead yankee with little respect for the superior quyalities of the Lone Star State.. his only saving grace is getting through Boot Camp

Hello, Luc. Not military here but alot of respect for Marines as my brother made it thru Paris Is.8)

Semper Fi Lucanus - be aware mkloby is a brain dead yankee with little respect for the superior quyalities of the Lone Star State.. his only saving grace is getting through Boot Camp

:lol:

To be fair - I think I would have liked Texas better if I was stationed there for more than 6 months. It wasn't a nice feeling moving there a month before our baby was due, changing docs and hospitals, when I was just going there for multi-engine and then returning to Pensacola.

Hello and welcome to the forum from a retired USN type. Some of my
best friend were 'grunts'...... never did like the term 'jarhead'.....
"Hey Marine !"..... sounds so much better.

Welcome aboard.....

Charles

Hello and welcome to the forum from a retired USN type. Some of my
best friend were 'grunts'...... never did like the term 'jarhead'.....
"Hey Marine !"..... sounds so much better.

Welcome aboard.....

Charles
Welcome from another retired Sea Dog. Charles, what's wrong with "Jarhead"? I like Jarheads. They're my favorite subspecies.:lol:
Just kidding Lucanus. But remember, on this forum you got to have a sense of humor (or humour to our "cousins" across the sea) Welcome aboard!

Welcome from another retired Sea Dog. Charles, what's wrong with "Jarhead"? I like Jarheads. They're my favorite subspecies.:lol:
Just kidding Lucanus. But remember, on this forum you got to have a sense of humor (or humour to our "cousins" across the sea) Welcome aboard!

Hey dougrd - why did the navy switch to liquid soap in their showers???

Fuc*in Jarheads, always throwin a Navy joke in there when there aint nothin they can say to defend their inferior combat capabilites.....

How do Jarheads get into combat??? On the backs of the Navy....

Oh and in Pensacola, ur flying at a Marine Corps base???

I beat the **** out of 3 Jarheads in Cuba just outside the beer tent at the pier.... And I was drunk.... Didnt they teach u Jarheads hand to hand combat, or just how to clean all those shiney -16's???

I will restrain myself from making Squid jokes.....To a point. My MOS
was Grunt 0311 and Bellhop to the Navy...Served aboard the CV-43.
While aboard that old tub - I broke an Ensign's jaw with a M14....And
transferred to the Rock a week later....I always wanted to throw a
real Squid overboard instead of 'Drownin Charley' but our CO said it
would do no good for inter-service relations...My whole family was
Navy....my DAD served on PTs in WWII. So to confirm my place
as black sheep I joined Uncle Sam's Misguided Children....Do Yall
know the difference between the Boy Scouts and the Marines.....?
Names don't bother me much - Cause like I tell Civies...I been called
worse by Better.

The Boy Scouts have Adult Leadership:shock: :rolleyes:

Fuc*in Jarheads, always throwin a Navy joke in there when there aint nothin they can say to defend their inferior combat capabilites.....

How do Jarheads get into combat??? On the backs of the Navy....

Oh and in Pensacola, ur flying at a Marine Corps base???

I beat the **** out of 3 Jarheads in Cuba just outside the beer tent at the pier.... And I was drunk.... Didnt they teach u Jarheads hand to hand combat, or just how to clean all those shiney -16's???

Geez - it's a joke, that's all!

Geez - it's a joke, that's all!

mk's right there Les. We're just clowning around with the new guy. Why are you getting spooled up shipmate? Relax, take a deep breath, count to ten and launch an Alpha Strike at that next door neighbor you really hate because his stupid dog keeps pissing on your car tires.:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back