Howdy from Texas!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Velius

Airman 1st Class
Sep 4, 2007
Central Texas
Hey everybody!

Let's see, what can I say about myself? Well, I've always been an aviation nut!
I am interested in all kinds of aircraft from the wright flyer to the F-22A or Airbus 380 but it is the WWII warbirds that has always fascinated me the most. I believe they the most beautiful, stylish, and most innovative aircraft ever made. It was these aircraft that ushered in modern aviation as we know it. The more I think about it, the more it amazes me to realize what was accomplished in aircraft design, construction, and technology between 1939 and 1945. I think it's only right to appreciate these aircraft that has greatly influenced both today's military and civilian aircraft.
I'm always looking at sites on the internet to try and learn more about various WWII airplanes and I happened to stumble across this site that I noticed has an aircraft data base (which BTW I haven't been able to get on. Is there something I'm not doing?). I'm happy to join this site and I hope to learn as much as I can from it.
A few last minute things about me is I'm going to college taking classes in aviation maintenance. I'm in my 4th semester and I hope to get an A&P (Airframe Powerplant) licence soon. I'll also be working for L-3 Communications soon 8)
Thanks for reading!

L-3 used to have the contract to perform maintenance on the T-34Cs and TH-57B/C at NAS Whiting. I don't think they have it anymore, but I'm not sure. When there's a contract change, the same guys just put on a different shirt the next day!

Welcome aboard. This board's getting like the Marine Corps - everyone's from damn Texas! :D

A few last minute things about me is I'm going to college taking classes in aviation maintenance. I'm in my 4th semester and I hope to get an A&P (Airframe Powerplant) licence soon. I'll also be working for L-3 Communications soon 8)
Thanks for reading!

Welcome to the forum. I am an A&P as well. Got my A&P while I was in Army.

Good luck with L3. The company pays well but it is mostly government contracting and they work you to death and dont give any. I know I have experience witht them.

Good luck with L3. The company pays well but it is mostly government contracting and they work you to death and dont give any. I know I have experience witht them.

That seemed to be the story from the maintainers and riggers also.

I really wanted to back to Iraq as a civilian contractor fixing helicopters for L3and I contacted all my friends that were there and they told me that it was not worth it. They said the pay was amazing but by 3 months you were burnt out and were ready to quit.

They also said the company does not care about you either, as long as you are producing.

I had many good friends working as contractors on the Blackhawks at our airfield and they were all laid off (400 of them) because the aircraft all went to Iraq. They were not even given the option of moving to another airfield to work or to go downrange with the company. It was "Thanks for the work...Good bye!"

Hello everyone I am pretty new to this site as well. Can anyone give me a tutorial on how to start a new post and generally use the site. Sorry for the ignorance, new to this.

I am working with L-3 as a joint education thing for my school. By doing good progress in the aviation maintenance program at school, L3 reimburses me any money that came out of my pocket to pay for my classes and will completely pay for any others I'll take (if it applies to the aviation field). There are a few people in my class who has been in the program longer than I have. I've asked them all what they think about the program and I've got different answers; some good and others not as good as I'd hoped. Since everyone seems to have their own opinion on it, I'll just have to work for myself and form my own opinion about it. I'll start my first day in two days. L-3 will be my first ever job, I'm nervous but excited about it. Well....wish me luck!

Hello everyone I am pretty new to this site as well. Can anyone give me a tutorial on how to start a new post and generally use the site. Sorry for the ignorance, new to this.
I believe if you go to the warbird forum pick the topic that is applicable to your post and at the top left you should see the thing saying new topic

There are plenty of Texans here, welcome to the boards! From Dallas, currently at Texas A&M. The site is great and has loads of good stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back