Hudson identity conundrum. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

stona

Major
Mar 28, 2009
I'm trying to identify this aircraft from this poor image for a relative. He says that his relative served with 269 sqn.coastal command based at wick in 1940. All of this is fine. He also thinks that this photograph is of his relatives aircraft,however I make out the code as ?X-O or ?X-Q. The first letter seems to be D,O,Q or U. None of these can be 269sqn. which bore the code letters UA.
If anyone fancies a go at identifying this machine your input would be much appreciated.
Here she is:

Hudson1.gif

Cheers
Steve

224 Squadron (code QX) had a detachment at Wick from October 39 to April 41. You'd have to download the ORB for the relevant months (3.5 quid per month, if you do it that way) to see if you can find a serial number for aircraft Q, but not all ORBs link serial numbers to squadron letters.

Thanks for that.
I know just what a long shot linking an aircraft identification letter to a serial through the squadron ORB can be! I've failed miserably on numerous occasions.
At least the codes, time and place all add up.
Cheers
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back