Hunter Warbirds

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

nuuumannn

Major
Oct 12, 2011
Nelson
Gidday, long time lurker here D), some images from the Hunter Warbirds Museum at Scone Airport NSW, Australia. The collection comprises flying aircraft from the collection of the Late Colin 'Col' Pay and aircraft the museum has collected. A relatively recent addition to Australian aviation museums, the Hunter Warbirds hangar is big, but the lighting is quite low, which makes photography difficult at times. I found out after the fact that the lights could be turned up or down to suit. Of particular interest is the displays on Jack Cleland, a New Zealander who was the only Kiwi to fly with the USAAF during WW2. Cleland flew P-51s with the 363rd Sqn, 357th FG, 8th AF and a P-51 gifted to the museum by the RAF Museum is on display, with ephemera donated by a family member.

Mirage IIIO.

_ADP7776

Cessna O-1.

_ADP7781

"Macchi" MB.326.

_ADP7785

CAC Winjeel.

_ADP7791

Ex-Singapore Air Force Hawker Hunter.

_ADP7793

Polish built MiG-17.

_ADP7797

Kuwait Air Force BAC Strikemaster.

_ADP7803

P-51 in Jack Cleland's markings.

_ADP7805

_ADP7806

Displays on Cleland.

_ADP7807

_ADP7810

More to come.

Col Pay.

_ADP7815

Col Pay's Tiger Moth.

_ADP7814

Bristol F.2b.

_ADP7818

Stearman.

_ADP7826

T-28.

_ADP7827

Former USAAF and RNZAF P-40E restored in the markings of Australian Ace Clive Caldwell.

_ADP7829

_ADP7830

This Spitfire Mk.IX carried out sorties during Overlord.

_ADP7832

Overviews.

_ADP7884

_ADP7891

_ADP7889

More images here: Hunter Warbirds Museum

Thanks for looking.

Excellent gallery of pics! Lighting does look tough for sure. I really wish museums would not paint their walls a dark colour. I suppose there is an operationl reason, certainly would hide the dirt of years years of folks walking through and leaning up against them.

anyhow, great set, great looking museum.

Cheers

Jeff

Last edited:
Great pics as always Grant. I bought some British hardware for our Mosquito from Pays Air Services. Seems the operation has now been sold to a company called ASAP Aircraft Spares.

Users who are viewing this thread