I Got a Job! Early Retirement.....Done!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wasn't there a song: "Monday, Monday... can't trust that day !"

TPBM knows the song. (oops, wrong thread)

Charles

At this time, as TO slowly crawls out of bed, smiles to the missus and slogs off to work, I ask that we bow our heads in silent smirking, recognizing that another has joined the ranks of the weary worker. May his day be short and the first cup of coffee long.

:)

Thought I had it made. Retired from Verizon Communications 22 months ago at the tender age of 57; watched the wife go to work every day (why not, she's younger than me).

Well, I start Monday for an Audi, Porsche, Land Rover dealership delivering auto parts all over Monmouth and Ocean counties in NJ. It's good, mindless work and the pay ain't bad.

My wife said if Charles can work at the age of 74, I got no excuse not to work at 59 (Thanks Charles, it's all your fault :) ).

I do have one chance left to stay retired. They're doing a background check/drug screening on me. With any luck.....

TO
Ombre, Sorry to hear of the passing of your retirement... Good luck? with the drug test.... *grin* - Karl

Well I'm gonna congratulate you TO, cause like they say: Too much pastime is the root to all things bad.

Now you go and see that if being an employee won't give you a sweet deal on some new Audi :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back