I GOT TO SHOUT

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

comiso90

Senior Master Sergeant
Dec 19, 2006
FL
After 2 months of unemployment, the longest jobless streak in my life, I secured a job in Sarasota FL. . Now I have to decide on how to get there.

Options:
Ship everything (car too) and fly there
Drive a moving Van myself and ship my car
Drive my car and ship the goods.
Utilize the "Pod" system (most expensive)

If I drive my car, I can stop along the way... New Orleans here I come!:twisted:

Congrats on the new job. That's a long way to relocate. Not sure what to tell you on how to get yourself and your stuff there. If it were me I woould probably rent a moving van that was capable of towing my car and drive the van myself. Anyway you go is going to cost a pretty penny I'm afraid.

IAWTC^

AND CONGRATS!!!!! whoo-hoo!! I can definitely understand. Is towing your car behind the U-haul NOT an option??

It's a long car BMW 740IL and I hate to tow it.

I've jumped out of planes 7 times, spent 12+ days in the backcountry and have been scuba diving to 150 feet but the idea of driving a moving van and towing a long beemer accross country terrifies me!

Yes... I'm a wus!

Driving a truck used for moving a single dwelling isn't much different then driving a car except the the mirrors on the truck are better, congrats on the job Frank

Excellent Comiso. I know that it has been weighing on you for a while.

If you don't have any nearterm obligations with your company, drive cross country and make a vacation out of it. Otherwise, given economic circumstances and job expectations, get your backside to work. You'll have your hands full with the basics (shelter, utilities, licenses, necessities, insurance, etc).

If you tow that Beamer, be sure she is tow rated. Some of those rear wheel cars cannot be towed without a transmission radiator and you DON'T want to eff up that machine. Especially if that is you only ride to your new job.

Best of luck to you my friend. I gotta believe your housing is gonna be a HELL of a lot cheaper than Kalifornia.

If you tow that Beamer, be sure she is tow rated.

Best of luck to you my friend. I gotta believe your housing is gonna be a HELL of a lot cheaper than Kalifornia.

Thanks guys!

Yeah Matt, it turns out that the Beemer is too heavy to tow.

Penske truck will cost 1100 to rent
U-haul wanted over 2300!!! for a truck that was 1 foot longer.

Comiso, if you come through Dallas, give me a shout when you will be here and we can meet for a cup of coffee.

Congrats on the new job.

Thanks Thor but I'll probably be staying on HWY 10 from Los Angeles all the way to Florida.

If I drive my car I'll probably stop in El Paso and New Orleans. If I drive a moving van, who knows where I'll stop.

I appreciate the offer though!.. Houston may be an option

Users who are viewing this thread

Back