I sure you Aussies would know this...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Who makes good Aussie Spitfire decals for Pacific Spits? I'd like to make the 1/48 Hasegawa Mk VIII (well, boxed as a IX), and am hunting for good decals for it but I can't seem to find any. I know that Aeromaster makes some, but I cannot find their website anywhere. And they have to be available here in Canada, so would Red Roo be out of the question? Thanks guys!

Also, just remembered, I don't know if you guys remember my thread asking for 1/32 "Black Panther Sqn" Decals or not, but Wayne mentioned that he had seen them in 1/48. That would also be cool to do. Thanks again.

Hey Catch, I got some decal sheets from I-94 Enterprises, they are in Michigan, good selection, shipping is reasonable too. I got the smaller scale but they were good quality.

I think there are about 3 pages of different decals available

Send an e-mail and he can probably tell you if it's available

I-94 Enterprises Home Page

8)

Attachments

• decals2.JPG
    decals2.JPG
    129.8 KB · Views: 223
Wurger, freebird, Wayne Little, a couple of you know I am returning to modeling, and I am constantly staggerd by the prices of getting back into modeling. The Cost of these decal sheets is something that just stops my heart. A very rude awakening. I am gonna make my kit last aqs long as I can, just to prolong shelling out another 40 bucks on another kit. Scratch building is cheaper. No I have to figure out a way to screen print my own decals! cheers, Bill

Any particular Spit, mate? I have 1:48 Aeromaster markings for UP-F 'Hava Go Jo' which I'll probably never get around to using...drop us your address in a PM if you're interested.

A4K I plan on doing a Mk4b tropo from the Mildura Australia training base WWII. This might be a tough ask to find a sheet with these markings fer free. My Mk22 is coming along ok, I am just now trying to do the fit process for the cockpit that should have been done B4 I finished the PE and painting. One lives and learns. Hopefully learns anyway. I will post the finished c-pit on my start to finish when I get the fuselage halves gallude together. Still have to find a small compressor for my air brush. cheers, Bill

I am gonna make my kit last as long as I can, just to prolong shelling out another 40 bucks on another kit. Scratch building is cheaper. Now I have to figure out a way to screen print my own decals! cheers, Bill

Bill:

You might want to send Wojtek aka Wurger a PM. He was telling me how to make decals on a laser
printer.

Charles

A4K I plan on doing a Mk4b tropo from the Mildura Australia training base WWII. This might be a tough ask to find a sheet with these markings fer free. My Mk22 is coming along ok, I am just now trying to do the fit process for the cockpit that should have been done B4 I finished the PE and painting. One lives and learns. Hopefully learns anyway. I will post the finished c-pit on my start to finish when I get the fuselage halves gallude together. Still have to find a small compressor for my air brush. cheers, Bill

A 4b..? I think you mean a Vb? If so, a Vc is most likely what you're after, as (to my knowledge) the Aussie's only used Mk.Vc and Mk.VIIIc Spits.

Hi N4521U ,

Printing own decals is possible especially if you have a laser printer.But you have to know that most of home used devices aren unable to print the white colour.This problem can be solved by designation and making masks that can be used for painting on models directly. Also you can make a white painted claer decal sheet . Of course if there is nothing white in the decal markings you can print these on a clear decal sheet too.
Other way of making own decals is using masks and a clear decal sheet. These clear decal sheets are offered by many hobby shops.If you don't want to buy thse you can make a such sheets yourself.

Being an owner of a laser printer is a half way of making decals.You need to have a graphic program installed.A Photoshop, A CorelDraw (both are the comercial sof) and Gimp ( free software ).Having one of these you can try to make decals.

Yes A4K, I did mean Vb............... i am old, it was late is all I can say. I think you are right about the Vc, but were they tropical versions. cheers Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back