I'd just like to say Hi. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys, I've been having a good look around and I really like the Start To Finish Builds, I've been reading that section for the last 3 hours. I'll be digging through my stash to find a suitable subject so that I can join in the fun but first I'll have to finish the other 19 or so models that are in various stages of completion or the Air Marshall of the Imperial Bedroom Ceiling Air Force will chew me out. I'm sure I'm not the only guy on here that gets the "your not starting another one are you?" treatment.

Hi again FM. Looks like you're a 'real' modeller then, with loads of unfinished projects! Join the ever growing club mate!
Why not grab something suitable (a kit I mean!) and join in on the current (and future) Group Build? There's still two months to run on the current build (PTO), so pleny of time - it's a good way of ensuring a model is finished too!

Wheelsup, you cannot make me jealous as we are having our Great British Summer, it started on Friday and is due to finish Wednesday afternoon. Thanks for the welcome btw. Airframes, please pardon my thickness (I can't spell ignorance) but what actually is a Group Build, I have heard the expression on other modelling sites while surfing the net but I'm not really sure what it entails. Do you all start with the same kit then progress in stages helping each other along or is it a competition?

Hi again. It's sunny across the frontier in Cheshire too! Very strange, it normally p*ss*s down!
The Group Builds here are very simple, and follow a definite theme, where anyone can enter any model in any scale, so long as it fits the criteria for the GB. The first one was any Luftwaffe aircraft in Defence of the Reich, from '42 until May '45. The current GB is centred around the Pacific Theatre of Operations. Basically, it's choose a subject, create a post in the relevant section, and continue with posts, including pics of the build, until finished. Each GB runs fro 3 months, and the Rules are shown in the Modelling section, together with the relevant Guidelines specific to the Build.
There'll be plenty of help, advice and encouragement available, from a great bunch of like-minded guys, (apart from Lucky, who's a looney from Sweden, living in Scotland!) so the first thing is to check out the above mentioned areas, and have a look at the finished, and current GB's in the Group Build thread. Any questions, just shout!
Terry.

Thanks for the info Terry. I tried to open the file with the rules but this pc. is ancient and I have never been able to open files with it. Ok I'll rephrase that, I'm ancient and I haven't got a clue about computers, I'm a brickie fer gawds sake. I think that I will pass on the GB for now and try a simple Start To Finish Build. That won't put me under too much pressure to start with and it will give me a bit more time to clear up the masses of unfinished projects. Did I mention the nine Red Arrows that "She Who Will Be Obeyed" asked me to make about 2 years ago? They are all nearly finished apart from I got into a rut at the thought of masking nine canopies.

No problem mate. Sounds like you need an Adobe reader, which you should be able to download for free. Can't remember where I got mine, but it was certainly free!
Start to Finish sounds good, and I like the idea of the 'Scampton Darts Team'. Brings back memories - I did the whole team way back, in 1/72nd scale, when they were flying Gnats! And yes, I remember hand painting the light-coloured sealing strips around all nine, small canopies! Never again!!

Hello Der Adler and thanks for the welcome. Do you have a section for " The Wall Of Shame" kind of thing where idle buggers like me can post pictures of unfinished models or models that they are ashamed of so that they can be ribbed mercilessly until they either finish or improve said kits? If not then that may be a good kick up the rrrrs for tardy sods like me.

Hi Njaco, I have just posted it on the suggestions section but if you would like to suggest it as well then it could only be for the good. Thanks.

Hello Der Adler and thanks for the welcome. Do you have a section for " The Wall Of Shame" kind of thing where idle buggers like me can post pictures of unfinished models or models that they are ashamed of so that they can be ribbed mercilessly until they either finish or improve said kits? If not then that may be a good kick up the rrrrs for tardy sods like me.

Not yet, but we have seen your request.

You can always as a member start a thread for such a thing.

Thanks Der Adler but where do I start a thread for that? I mean which section would I putit in?

I personally would go to the Modelling section and in the Your Completed Models area, just start a thread. There is a button at the top of the posts on the left side that says "New Thread" - click and go from there.

Morning guys, THE WALL OF SHAME thread has now been started in the Completed Models section so come on Charles, lets see that Fairchild 24

Users who are viewing this thread

Back