If China takes Tawian >>???

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I don't think they will - right now I think China knows politically and economically they will be shooting themselves in the foot. They're making money and although they could easily overwhelm Taiwan it won't be a cakewalk.

I don't think they will - right now I think China knows politically and economically they will be shooting themselves in the foot. They're making money and although they could easily overwhelm Taiwan it won't be a cakewalk.

Hello FLYBOY,

Absolutely correct. China will only apply the Taiwan scenario if it believes or it would be proven to them that Taiwan is providing an aircraft carrier like base function for an outside power - or even use this constellation in order to promote/enhance its present struggle for independence.

Regards
Kruska

So what do we think the build up of China's military is for...???

Because they can! New wealth buys more toys and ostensibly... more respect. They have to bluster or they will appear weak and loose face.

You should work for the CIA, Comiso. Except you will need about 150,000 more words to reach the same conclusions, charge an exhorbatant amount of money for you work and claim speaking fees to explain it to the masses.

What will the world do when China takes Tawian..??

( as you can see I did not say "if")

To come back to the question in regards to actually doing it and not if.

The UN is going to have a big debate; The UN, the US and Europe in contra to India and Russia will forward an embargo. Upon realizing that the embargo actually hurts the west more than China, they will drop the embargo and will inform China, that if they attack anyone else – the West will respond harshly.

After that China will be pissed off at the West for meddling in their internal affairs and give all sorts of problems in regards to visas, taxation of foreign investors and imposing higher import taxes. The Western countries will start to apologize to China, reestablish good ties to Beijing and after that it is all back to making big bucks.

Regards
Kruska

Kruska is right. The US (and the west) are inextricably joined at the hip with China's economic engine. An all out war would be as damaging to her as to the west. However, influencing regional conflicts is a much more likely scenario. Both around the contiguous Chinese borders, as well as other areas of Chinese interests. It is the latter that may well be of concern.

Recently, I have been more and more concerned with South Korea's and Japan's changing defence posture. I believe the recent modernization push by both countries is in response to perceived Chinese hegomony. Asia is a fast growing part of our world economy and multiple countries are vying to maintain or expand their influence.

Nothing will happen. The UN/US will say a lot of things and the EU will threaten China, but no other action will be taken. That is my opinion.

The rest of the world do not actually give a sh!t about Africa. It is only a way to show that they "care" about poor people or countries that suffers.

Nothing will happen. The UN/US will say a lot of things and the EU will threaten China, but no other action will be taken. That is my opinion.

I don't think so.

1. The EU will not threaten anyone. If anything they will try and apease the Chinese. They have not learned anything over the last 65 years. I hate to say it, but it is true.

2. The UN will do absoluetly nothing but pass a weak resolution that has no backing from its members and does nothing at all.

3. The US might have to go to war. If I recall we have sworn (unofficially) to protect Taiwan. Not sure about this though. If I am wrong someone correct me.

I do not know if the US sworn to protect Taiwan or not, it will be new news for me.

It is sad that the EU does not take better action, but the UN is just one big bullsh*t pie. I do not have a lot of time for them.

I have a friend who just got back from China. he says the nightly news service over there is a joke. Totally predictable. Seven minutes on the decadent west, seven minutes on the repugnant Japanese, and about 5 minutes on the evil tawainese, and how much better they would be if they joined the union. Pure propaganda. And geeing the masses up for the great patriotic war part II (China edition). The rest of the news is about local stuff, and how lucky people are that the party is in charge.

Well if you have seen the development of China in the past 15 years, you will know why everybody (95%) loves or respects the party.

IMO the bullsh.it that the Bejing boys tell their population is about the same bull as the western politicians forward to their voters.

Regards
Kruska

IMO the bullsh.it that the Bejing boys tell their population is about the same bull as the western politicians forward to their voters.

Regards
Kruska

:rolleyes: ... :rolleyes: ...:rolleyes: ..The West does not block the info on the web to there people can read and stop info for out side the country from getting in ...They even got Google to play there game ...I can read any new from any country at any time I want.... All politicians feed the people BS ... But I can get the other side ...Were if you live in China you'll in up in jail or worse if you do to much digging...

No offence meant, I do live in China and this no internet is Bulls..t for the stupid. Use a Tor Network software or XeroBank browser and you can access any internet site you want.

So Bejing is just "protecting" its less imaginative population from "bad" influence. So that the majority will never find out that any American can own a gun, just imagine 1.3 billion money greedy buggers having guns.:)

Regards
Kruska

No offence meant, I do live in China and this no internet is Bulls..t for the stupid. Use a Tor Network software or XeroBank browser and you can access any internet site you want.

So Bejing is just "protecting" its less imaginative population from "bad" influence. So that the majority will never find out that any American can own a gun, just imagine 1.3 billion money greedy buggers having guns.:)

Regards
Kruska

Just realized Andy, maybe we shouldnt be castigating the regime of the country that you are currently living in. Otherwise we might be reading about you in the newspapers "German national arrested for treason and subversion":)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back