If It Can Fly, It Can Float!!!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

How about an Italian Savoia-Marchetti SM-55X ?

Charles

Attachments

• DSCF0148.jpg
    DSCF0148.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 379
Great pictures!

Is it just me or do the floats/pontoons on the Fairey look like they've been put on backwards :)

Cheers

Steve

We all know about the OS2U-3 Kingfisher... and the Beechcraft Staggerwing in military garb, on floats.....

Charles

Attachments

• dfbb7c7b52dd0078aae16082d7956288.jpg
    dfbb7c7b52dd0078aae16082d7956288.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 312
  • sword_stgwing-floats-markings-lg.jpg
    sword_stgwing-floats-markings-lg.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 344
I don't know whether the XF2Y-1 Sea Dart flying boat fighter aircraft was the Navy's screw up or Convair's.

And then there was the Glenn L. Martin P6M "Seamaster". Here's a good video of the Seamaster...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QowTqmxYZ1Q

Unfortunately politics got in the way of a very good jet seaplane. Don't believe me ? The Russian copy did just fine !!

Charles

How about some Shorts!

Short Sunderland Mark I, N9029 'V', of No. 230 Squadron RAF, flying over the RAF Aboukir, Egypt, after taking off from Aboukir Bay.
Short Sunderland.jpg

Short Sunderland Mark I, N9029 'V', of No. 230 Squadron RAF, taking off from Aboukir Bay.
Short Sunderland02.jpg

Short Sunderland Mark Is of No. 10 Squadron RAAF, at their moorings at Mount Batten, Devon.
Short Sunderland03.jpg

Groundcrew performing a routine overhaul on a Short Sunderland Mark I of No. 210 Squadron RAF, moored in Oban Bay, Scotland.
Short Sunderland 04.jpg

Short Sunderland Mark III, EJ137 '1-T', of No. 201 Squadron RAF based at Castle Archdale, County Fermanagh, taking off from Lough Erne.
Short Sunderland05.jpg

Short Singapore III K8856 moored at Mount Batten, Plymouth, in May 1937. This aircraft was one of the last of the stately Singapores to be built and was delivered initially to No 228 Squadron.
Short Singapore01.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back