IF YOU WERE RICH AND COULD AFFORD ANY WWII PLANE ...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

If I had the $'s I'd emmidiately go buy the only remaining Ta-152H (Below) and restore it completely all the while closely examining each part copying them to produce a new and flyable version.

ta152.jpg

Such a shame no'one has yet attempted to restore this unique a/c.

Oh, and a Catalina for those trips to my private island. After all don't really want to clutter it up with an airfield, do we now? That is what I would like. Alas though I doubt it would happen.

If I had the $'s I'd emmidiately go buy the only remaining Ta-152H (Below) and restore it completely all the while closely examining each part copying them to produce a new and flyable version.

ta152.jpg

Such a shame no'one has yet attempted to restore this unique a/c.
Maybe the people that build those NEW 262's will build a HO-229 OR a Arado 234, eh? Would it be possible to do that? Are the blueprints still around or would they have to copy the parts? Anyone who knows how they did it with the Me's? Wouldn't it be great to see a Horten or a Arado in the air again???:shock: :shock: :D :D
Ho229m.jpg

ar234.jpg

Say what you want about not seeing anything behind you in a -234, but the view forward....WOW!
ar234cockpitbs_1.gif

Agreed that really would be something. Especially if you could somehow do activated smoke flares to recreate a hit on the Ho-229s...

Would definitely add the same system or something similar as the one they use in ground manouvers. Laser sensitive sensors all over the machines. Depending where you're hit, you'd either start to trail smoke (black or white, all depending how hard you're hit) or be told to land as in "GAME OVER!"
How does that sound folks?

Would definitely add the same system or something similar as the one they use in ground manouvers. Laser sensitive sensors all over the machines. Depending where you're hit, you'd either start to trail smoke (black or white, all depending how hard you're hit) or be told to land as in "GAME OVER!"
How does that sound folks?

That is not how it works. It is called the MILES system and is the same system that is installed on ground vehicals. We have been using for decades now. We would install them on our aircraft as well. There are sensors all over the aircraft and when we were hit a big yellow light starts blinking and the OC's who are basically refs in another aircraft tell you that you are hit and need to land immediatly. It is actually very innacurate when it comes to aircraft. Last maneuvers we went on, my aircraft was taken out by a guy with a 9mm pistol (which technically is possible) because his MILES laser hit one of my sensors. Upon landing you open a folder that is kept in the cockpit and tells you what kind of damage you have and what kind of casualities you have. There is no smoke trailing behind the aircraft.

The only people that use smoke are at airshows and it is acted out before hand. The pilot has to start the smoke in his own cockpit.

This is a no **** story okay.

We were coming into the LZ and I saw "an insergent" standing behind a car with a side arm in his hand pointed at us. I opened fire with my M60 from the right side and my blank adapter flies off because I did not tighten it down eneogh (stupid me :lol:) so I can not engage the guy anymore with the Miles Laser on my gun. As we continue to land our light starts flashing, but we continue to take off after dropping off the ground guys. The OC's in the Huey flying overhead get the call sign mixed up and tell the other Blackhawk that they have been killed and need to land immediatly and we fly home.

So I dont know what our damage was. I was happy though because the guys on the other aircraft had to evade capture and it was Febraury in Germany in the snow and very cold.

It all got straightened out in the end and the other crew was pretty pissed off.

This is a no **** story okay.

We were coming into the LZ and I saw "an insergent" standing behind a car with a side arm in his hand pointed at us. I opened fire with my M60 from the right side and my blank adapter flies off because I did not tighten it down eneogh (stupid me :lol:) so I can not engage the guy anymore with the Miles Laser on my gun. As we continue to land our light starts flashing, but we continue to take off after dropping off the ground guys. The OC's in the Huey flying overhead get the call sign mixed up and tell the other Blackhawk that they have been killed and need to land immediatly and we fly home.

So I dont know what our damage was. I was happy though because the guys on the other aircraft had to evade capture and it was Febraury in Germany in the snow and very cold.

It all got straightened out in the end and the other crew was pretty pissed off.

Now that's a great story.

...my blank adapter flies off because I did not tighten it down eneogh (stupid me :lol:) so I can not engage the guy anymore with the Miles Laser on my gun...

If you tap your finger on the port next to the laser the air pressure on the sensor will trigger the laser... You don't need to fire the weapon. Kind of awkward to use, but it works...

If you tap your finger on the port next to the laser the air pressure on the sensor will trigger the laser... You don't need to fire the weapon. Kind of awkward to use, but it works...

Yeah we knew that. We would run around in the tents or barracks at night and tap the laser and make peoples alarms go off just to irritate them. It was funny unless everyone was trying to get some sleep. :lol:

The problem is you can not fire without the blank adaptor because not eneogh gas pushes the bolt back with Blanks so then the bolt stays foward. Also it is pretty hard to tap the laser in the wind when you are flying in a helicopter and it is Febraury in Germany. Pretty Damn Cold! :lol:

Dont like the Miles System either... Typical story there Adler, heard it before and will most likely hear it again....

Heres some info on the Miles system... Multiple Integrated Laser Engagement System (MILES2000)

Whats the next step up??? The new MILES XXI systems force-on-force training equipment promises to improve weapon fidelity, reduce the logistics burden and provide essential after action reviews. These features are not available on the current basic MILES system...

The ability to support an after-action review is an essential feature of the MILES XXI training system and is possible because all player activity is recorded during an exercise.

The army developed the family of MILES devices (Basic MILES) in the late '70s and early '80s using state-of-the-art technology. Basic MILES is the primary training device for force-on-force training at army home stations. However, today's training battlefield requires an improved performance level Basic MILES cannot meet. Further, Basic MILES systems have reached the end of their useful economic life cycle. As a result the US army has reassessed its acquisition alternatives.

Soldiers use Basic MILES devices primarily during force-on-force exercises to simulate the firing and effects of actual weapons systems. These weapons systems include the M1 Abrams tank, Bradley infantry fighting vehicle, M113 armoured personnel carrier, wheeled vehicles and other non-shooting targets. Additionally, Basic MILES simulations address anti-armour weapons, machine guns, rifles and other ancillary items, such as a controller gun, within the programme. However, existing Basic MILES technology does not support the level of fidelity army commanders and trainers require.

Repair parts required to maintain the Basic MILES inventory are no longer available on the open market. Expensive reverse engineering of Basic MILES components is a common support practice. Basic MILES fails to record any event data for use in after-action reviews, a major handicap in providing soldiers with feedback.

Why not go back to "bang...bang...you're dead"? :lol: Much cheaper, no extra (censored) to carry around, no chance of malfunction etc.....:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back