IF YOU WERE RICH AND COULD AFFORD ANY WWII PLANE ...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The engines and tail assembly are way high. Must be for clearance in high seas. I once saw a Grumman Goose land and take off way out on Lake mead. It was almost dreamlike. We were out with an USAF Senior Master Sgt. and his wife and 8 yr old daughter, aboard his 29' Sea Ray (His wife was a mortgage loan officer) . We saw it was going to land away from shore so we headed for it when it was on its final (we hoped). Sure enough it landed and came to a stop while two good looking gals in bikinis and a guy came out of a hatch on top and proceeded to dive off the wing and go back aboard through the main door (hatch whatever) on the side. Sgt Perkins call over and asked if his daughter could come aboard and they gave her a tour of the plane. It was one of the best days of my life that day. All day on the lake and lunch on board. We even saw some Bighorn sheep on shore close enough for photos. What a day.

F4U Corsair. (For those really ugly days that I would have bad moods)
6 P-51s (Just for fun)
BF-109K4 (To let rip out over Philly. :twisted: )
ME-262 Replica (Also to let rip out over Philly :twisted: )
And a 1932 Ford Coupe.

What? Can't a guy customize it to look like a P-40? Sheesh. :rolleyes:

Oh, and I'd like to have a... Uh lemme see here...

*looks in "The Complete Guide To Fighters And Bombers Of The World"*

Hm...

:!:

LOCKHEED P-38L LIGHTNING! Painted as my Transformers character Saberstrike.

I know. Who would want that many planes? Heh. I'd like a lot of those.

*ahem*

Sorry. I tend to ramble.

I know that they're not WWII planes. But, who can say no to those colourful Boeing F4B-4, Curtiss BF2C-2, Curtiss P-12, Boeing P-26 and the Grumman J2F Duck......etc.

What would you have as a "business jet"? Since I'd go for style, class and pure loveliness I'd have a Lockheed Constellation with a Boeing Stratocruiser as a backup....

The Me 163 Komet.

Probably be dead by teatime but what a wild ride!

I always liked the JU88...that'll be the one i would want.B17 is a close second.post war i would like that canberra bomber...i always liked that plane too.And I am really dreaming,the F15 too.

No brainer for me . . . Lockheed P-38 Lightning, either an F or an L. What I'd really like is the XP-38, but it's in a million pieces, so I guess that's out of the question.

Second choice (unless I get two choices!), would be an Me-262, either an original (highly unlikely), or one of the repro's from Stormbirds up in Washington state (though I think all five airframes are already spoken for).

Hi:

I'm the new kid on the block, so I'll stick my two cents worth in here.

Have you even seen....actually seen a Polikarpov I-153 ? I saw one
in Russia in 1951. Painted all gold with the red stars on it....

Absolutely beautiful. Of course, this is just for tooling around, at
about 275 MPH.

Charles

Me109!

Why?
Good Question...
And I know, that I would have realy good chances to crash it, when I just try to start with it.

And how many pilots in the world wouldn't crash with it, when they would try to land?

If I couldn't get a Me109...

a Dornier DO 335 "Pfeil"!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back