IL-2

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the sound of it maybe your neck of the woods is better than Vancouver (where they're heading)

But they're not very lively, so maybe it would be wasted on them.

Hongcouver, eh? Shame. :confused:
Nah, I shouldn't say that. Maybe they'll love it. Most of BC is a beautiful province, it's just that I've found many of the folks to be less than sociable. It really depends on where you go. It's a big province.
Then again, the opportunities are probably much better out there. I'm sure they've already got something lined up. :)

Well, It's just occured to me that if me or my sister wanted to follow in their footsteps it wouldn't be terribly difficult - especially not now.

It would all depend on what was available on the job front, and whether my life would be better over there than here. Have to see in the next few years!

Yes, if you ever plan to move to ol' Canukistan, the opportunities are undoubtedly better just about anywhere west of New Brunswick. Go west, young man! :lol:

Mind you, the economy in the east is slowly picking up again. Things may well change in the years to come, but traditionally the Atlantic Region is the "have not" part of the country in terms of economy. I mean we're not destitute or anything, but opportunities are a bit more scarse out here right now. But like I said, it does look like it will pick up in the coming years. We'll see. :|

Ottawa doing something sensible for the military? But I thought you said that didn't happen!

Wow! I was just reading the article about beefing up state security in Canada. Guess someone in Ottawa was thinking along the same lines as you were!

Oh, as far as "helping" the military, this is just another 'leaky bucket' solution. Rather than stopping to fix the leak, they'll just continue to add water to the bucket. :rolleyes: It's an old Liberal tradition. No needed equipment or logistical support will come from this.

But as long as I'm getting a raise, I'll be able to better afford computer parts! :)

More Pics...

Attachments

• pe2radio2_124.jpg
    pe2radio2_124.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 701
  • pe2gunner1_583.jpg
    pe2gunner1_583.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 707
  • pe2radio1_382.jpg
    pe2radio1_382.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 711
  • pe2pilot2_657.jpg
    pe2pilot2_657.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 705
  • pe2pilot1_857.jpg
    pe2pilot1_857.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 707
  • render_farge_03_192.jpg
    render_farge_03_192.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 708
  • render_farge_02_115.jpg
    render_farge_02_115.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 710
  • render_farge_01_198.jpg
    render_farge_01_198.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 707
The Handley Page Heyford - Something that will never make it into PF. :(

Attachments

• heyford2_253.jpg
    heyford2_253.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 669
  • heyford1_213.jpg
    heyford1_213.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 665
  • heyford_161.jpg
    heyford_161.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 665
For Goodness sake why? I would find taking control of a thing like that a bit of fun!

You'd think it was the greatest thing since sliced white if it was Italian.

Ah, you'd think so to look at it wouldn't you? Looks can be decieving though.

.....This impression was heightened by the fact that the fuselage was mounted to the upper wing, strut bracing filling a large gap between the fuselage and lower wing. This layout had a purpose, of course, the lower wing centre-section being of almost double the normal aerofoil thickness to allow bombs to be stowed internally, and brought close to the ground to speed the business of re-arming after a bombing sortie and the fact that a Heyford could be refuelled and re-armed a bare 30 minutes after returning from a sortie earned it the nickname "Express Bomber".

The Heyford was popular with aircrew as well, gaining a reputation as an aircraft that was easy to fly and comfortable....

....Amazingly three Heyfords looped in unison at the 1935 Hendon Air Display...

Medvedya said:
For Goodness sake why? I would find taking control of a thing like that a bit of fun!

You'd think it was the greatest thing since sliced white if it was Italian.

Sliced White? Isnt that bit racist? :lol: ;)

Naw I hate the Heyford, What I want to fly are B-29's and Lancasters, and Blohm und Voss Bv-238's 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back