IL2 Forgotten Battles Screenshots...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

me thinks he's forgetting something. otherwhise he must be nuts to skydive in that time :lol:
il2fb2008122823483939xo0.png

Here's some cool shots I grabbed while making my movie.

One is a shot-up Fw190D-9 just before the point of impact.

Got a good angle of a B-17G going down.

And for RedBeard, here's a shot of your "Big Red" putting the hurt on a Bf109G-10, "up close, and personal" (yes I was flying Big Red...which explains the relative distances involved). In the movie, "Big Red" makes an appearance at the 3:15 mark, but because of the time frame involved, I had to go with the wide-angle to get the whole scene...

Attachments

• 109D_down.jpg
    109D_down.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 66
  • B17G_down.jpg
    B17G_down.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 65
  • P-51DBR_kill.jpg
    P-51DBR_kill.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 62
For the test mission, I ran my personal Afrika skin.

I have other Afrika skins that have more traditional markings, but this skin has a combination of DAK and Luftwaffe NA and is used for the most part when I go-a-killin' with my cohorts :lol:

Here's a shot showing both of my unmarked personal winter schemes:

Attachments

• Sturm_preview.jpg
    Sturm_preview.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 66
I've had pretty good success at killing tanks of all types, especially if I follow Rudel's teachings.

I've taken out such ground-targets as tanks, vehicles, aircraft, artillery, ships, bridges, buildings and occasionally, aircraft when I have to defend myself.

The 37mm has good range and good hitting power, but closer is better. If you attack a tank, attack from behind and a little bit above. All tanks have weaker armor in the rear and on top. The tank is designed to confront an enemy tank, so it's armor is at it's thickest in front. The sides are reasonably thick to offer it protection in a running battle. So always aim for the rear or if possible, hit it from above!

Ships can be taken out either by hitting them below the waterline where thier armor is thinner or from directly above. Diving is what a Stuka does best, take advantage of it! Landing hits on a ship from above will hole a ship faster than anything.

And the Stuka is just great fun to fly. It's very forgiving and you'd be surprised how well it can turn if you have to avoid enemy aircraft. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back