IL2 Forgotten Battles Screenshots...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

... I'll try harder to remember where you are next time though

Well...let me see if I recall this right...

I was in the lead element, and had just knocked out the locomotive in the switchyards with a single shot and while pulling up, I was enveloped with smoke, fire, debris and this loud, but weird noise...

And of course, at that point, my tailgunner perished and my plane burst into flames and tumbled from the sky.

So yeah, we must make a mental note to stay a safe distance from fuel cars, ammo dumps and other tempting targets that make big smoke when you're around... :lol:

I might even have the track recorded from that Kuban mission...I'll look and see and if so, will post a screenshot...

* Unfortunately I didn't record that particular mission, which is too bad, it would have been full of screenshot opps!

I did find a similiar track from the Kuban mission though, and it shows a good hit on the fuel tankers...

Attachments

• tankcar_hit.jpg
    tankcar_hit.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 98
And here's a screenshot of my Ju87G in action against armor.

It'll give you an idea of an optimum hit on a tank, and at this range and angle of attack, that 37mm works pretty good.

You can see that I'm inside of my convergance, but at this range, a single hit will usually do the trick.

Attachments

• classic_tank_hit.jpg
    classic_tank_hit.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 71
The Stuka sound mod kicks ass. It's worth hearing the Jericho horns on my dive in that I don't care so much when I get raped by the fighters on the to RTB.

I'd like to add mods to a fresh install of IL-2, but I see people saying "go here" and others saying "go there" and I haven't a freakin' clue as to which mod is worth a dang and which is crap...

I don't want/need 90% of the mods that are out there.

I wouldn't mind flying the Arado Ar196 or the Hs129...even some sound mods would be nice, so the P-51D doesn't sound like a lawn mower and a Jericho Trumpet upgrade would be nice. Perhaps the new AI mod would make a fight more interesting and the BMW radial in my Fw190 does indeed need enhancing.

But that's about it, and like I said, finding the right mods are a pain in the a**...

GrauGeist, flying the Hs-129 is a blast, especially if you have that monstrous 75mm cannon (and don't have any nasty Russkies flying around - they tend to spoil the fun). Speaking of the old Panzerknacker, here is a screenshot I did of one:

Attachments

• Hs-129 at Night - From IL-2 GameJPEG.JPG
    Hs-129 at Night - From IL-2 GameJPEG.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 88
Greetings flypeople! I've been lurking around these forums for a couple of weeks now but I finally have something to contribute!

The first and second shots I just got on my last flight. I spotted this unfortunate pair over Leningrad. Came in high and fast in my P-40 and somehow managed to flame both of em in one pass (entirely luck I assure you). Unfortunately I then realized I wasn't recording...by the time I hit the button I had about 2 frames of flames before the lead exploded completely, thus the shot not having any flame effects (had to pause as soon as the track loaded).

The 3rd shot is simply to show off a skin that GrauGeist was nice enough to do for me awhile back. It's his version of one of my old squadron's F-16 paint scheme. I must say he nailed both the ACC crest as well as the 389th emblem

Attachments

• FormationDying.jpg
    FormationDying.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 87
  • FormationDying2.jpg
    FormationDying2.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 87
  • Communicating.jpg
    Communicating.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 65

Users who are viewing this thread

Back