IL2 Forgotten Battles Screenshots...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Heres a cool shot I took while workin up my next video mission...

Attachments

• grab0001aa.jpg
    grab0001aa.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 76
Do that in a B-17 and I'll be impressed David...

LMAO...well, I'll give 'er a try, but I'm not going to guarentee that the tail and wings will be with me on the other side!
pi_grr.gif

* Added:
I did "shoot" the bridge with my He111...seemed like she fit through there well enough...

I'm running FB at the moment, and unfortunately, I don't have any B-17 MODS for my stock '46 install
pi_sad.gif

The bridge I'm using is on the Smolensk map (northwest), on the edge of Vitebsk. It's the north/south span just adjacent to the railroad bridge. I like to aproach from the east, just over the hill and drop into the valley over the river. Plenty of room to get back up before the railroad bridge. :thumbright:

Attachments

• 111_bridgestunt1.jpg
    111_bridgestunt1.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 73
@les: that pic of yours would make a nice wallpaper.

@graugeist: maybe you could try it with the russian tb3, thats a huge plane aswell

Great job David, Im impressed.....

Thanks! Shooting the bridge is both insane and a major kick in the pants at the same time!

@GG why the need to pop why don't you take a run at the railway bridge as well :D (despite the consequences)...

I'll have to eyeball the railroad brigde a little closer...I actually think I might have a shot at it with a He162... :lol:

I'll let ya' know how it goes, either way.

@graugeist: maybe you could try it with the russian tb3, thats a huge plane aswell

I fired up my '46 and took a TB3 up there and discovered a few things...

First, it is Godawful slow although handles relatively well...

The other thing was that it's a bit bigger than I thought at first. I didn't realize just how big it was until I went back and looked at the .trk and saw that I cleared the bridge by mere inches...

Not real sure a B-17 would fit after looking at the TB3's clearance.

TB3_bridge1.jpg
TB3_bridge3.jpg

Last edited:
Did you get on the first try?

Affirmative

But to be honest with you...I really didn't think I was going to make it!

I'll post a video I shot going for both bridges (per Gnomey's suggestion) in my He162 this afternoon.

It's a short clip, about 25 seconds, but gives you a front-row seat! :thumbright:

Attachments

• He162.wmv
    2.7 MB · Views: 51
that was nicely flown, that tb3 was a bit tight but never the less it worked :D i think a b-17 would have a bit more space with the gear up.

maybe a stupid question but is there a way with fraps or ingame itself to get rid of the names of enemy and/or friendly planes? so when i take a screenshot that i dont have to edit the names out to get a nice picture so that i could use it as a wallpaper perhaps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back