insane remote control airplanes

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

comiso90

Senior Master Sergeant
Dec 19, 2006
FL
Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

I think they all are. Well, the flanker landed better then the F-5, that one almost flew of the "runway" :) Would have liked to see more of the 4 engined passenger jet, was that an A380?

I went on a cross country flight to missouri last year - the guy I went with wanted to go to a remote control jet competition there. Kinda strange seeing these little things spewing jet noise/exhaust. I don't see the appeal of such things, but some guys think they're cool.

Very cool. But that is a rich persons toy. Well, richer than me anyway. I know those jet engines can run up to $4,000 and one wrong turn and it's worth about $3 in scrap.

I heard a guy who had flown remote planes for 20+ years say that if your going to get involved in the RC world, you have to accept that at some point, these planes will crash. Sometimes you can get over 300 or 400 flights out of it, sometimes it crashes on the first flight.

Very cool. But that is a rich persons toy. Well, richer than me anyway. I know those jet engines can run up to $4,000 and one wrong turn and it's worth about $3 in scrap.

I heard a guy who had flown remote planes for 20+ years say that if your going to get involved in the RC world, you have to accept that at some point, these planes will crash. Sometimes you can get over 300 or 400 flights out of it, sometimes it crashes on the first flight.

Well, it definitely is a risk. This guy had two RC jets, each about 10 grand in value. He did add that they hold their resale value very well. Keep it in good condition and you should be able to get about what you paid for it a couple years down the road. Of course the money you spot up front is a large amount.

I'm impressed at the sound of the engines

Users who are viewing this thread

Back