INSERT FOOT IN MOUTH PLEASE! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

FLYBOYJ

"THE GREAT GAZOO"
Apr 9, 2005
Colorado, USA
So a while back in the local Goodyear/Phoenix paper, some douchebag complained about the F-16 noise. Below is the letter, and the response from the Sq/CC which was printed up just the other day:

The complaint:
"Question of the day for Luke Air Force Base: Whom do we thank for the morning air show? Last Wednesday, at precisely 9:11 a.m., a tight formation of four F-16 jets made a low pass over Arrowhead Mall, continuing west over Bell Road at approximately 500 feet. Imagine our good fortune! Do the Tom Cruise-wannabes feel we need this wake-up call, or were they trying to impress the cashiers at Mervyns' early-bird special?
Any response would be appreciated."

The response:
Regarding "A wake-up call from Luke's jets"

On June 15, at precisely 9:12 a.m., a perfectly timed four-ship flyby of F-16s from the 63rd Fighter Squadron at Luke Air Force Base flew over the grave of Capt Jeremy Fresques. Capt. Fresques was an Air Force officer who was previously stationed at Luke Air Force Base and was killed in Iraq on May 30, Memorial Day. At 9 a.m. on June 15, his family and friends gathered at Sunland Memorial Park in Sun City to mourn the loss of a husband, son and friend.
Based on the letter writer's recount of the flyby, and because of the jet noise, I'm sure you didn't hear the 21-gun salute, the playing of taps, or my words to the widow and parents of Capt. Fresques as I gave them their son's flag on behalf of the President of the United States and all those veterans and servicemen and women who understand the sacrifices they have endured.

A four-ship flyby is a display of respect the Air Force pays to those who give their lives in defense of freedom. We are professional aviators and take our jobs seriously, and on June 15 what the letter writer witnessed was four officers lining up to pay their ultimate respects.

The letter writer asks, "Whom do we thank for the morning air show?" The 56th Fighter Wing will call for you, and forward your thanks to the widow and parents of Capt. Fresques, and thank them for you, for it was in their honor that my pilots flew the most honorable formation of their lives.

Lt. Col Scott Pleus
CO 63rd Fighter Squadron
Luke Air Force Base,
Arizona

A toast to Capt Fresques, and **** that piece of **** for complaining about some jet noise. And it was at what, 9am?? If you were any sort of a contirbuting member of society, you would already be at work since its a thursday. (yes, i know the complainer says wednesday, but the LtCol says it was june 15th, which is a thursday, which makes that whiny ***** look even more retarded)

P38 Pilot said:
Besides, whenever I hear a helicopter or fighter jet coming from Eglin Air Force Base in Montgomery, I go outside and watch them fly over.

Actually, Eglin AFB is located near Fort Walton Beach, Florida. Montgomery has Maxwell AFB (a training base with no fighters assigned), Gunter Annex (no flight line), and Montgomery Air Reserve Base (south side of Montgomery with F-16s assigned)

FLYBOYJ said:
A toast to Capt Fresques, and **** that piece of **** for complaining about some jet noise. And it was at what, 9am?? If you were any sort of a contirbuting member of society, you would already be at work since its a thursday. (yes, i know the complainer says wednesday, but the LtCol says it was june 15th, which is a thursday, which makes that whiny ***** look even more retarded)
Christ, what a jackass. :rolleyes:

What a piece of ****. I hate people like that!

I would love to take him to Iraq and let him live there for a year and then he can earn the right to talk **** like that! ***** would not make it a month though!

People like that don't have a clue and he likely took offense with his dressing down. If there is one thing in life that I have come to understand is that the bell curve of ignorance is highly weighted towards the ignorant side. That donkey **** is likely to have actually responded back to the colonel thinking he was the bloody victim.

Hey go easy on him guys. I mean it's not easy siting on your lazy butt doin' notin' but watchin' TOP GUN all the time because your to darn lazy to get of the freakin' couch to put in a better movie.

And if you haven't guessed. I believe TOP GUN belongs in that ET landfill for rejected piece of crap electronics! I'd say burn it, but it would turn the sky instantly black for 1000 years. Tossing LAMOBOY in with it wouldn't be such a bad idea, as well.

No he's a LAMO american with rights who feels that those Tom Cruise-Wannabee's are out erning. See here in America everyone has the right to do everything they want and that their rights are equal if not better than those Tom Cruise-Wannabees who earned the right to wake his lazy butt up.
9 o' clock?!? Boy, those UNITED STATES AIR FORCE PILOT's were up in the air when they woke him up. I bet he has no idea how long the preptime for a flight takes, let alone the actual flight. I'll give it to him not eveyone does. Heck, I don't know, but I still respect the Men flyin' above.

None, I'm not in the Air Force. I never claimed I was hence the reason why I wouldn't know how long the pretime for a flight took. But, neither does this other noob. However I still respect the guys in the Air Force. which is my point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back