Instrument Panel color Spitfire Mk II (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

NDFlieger

Recruit
Jan 2, 2009
I am preparing to work on the Revell Spitifire Mk II but have run into uncertainty about the color of the instrument panel. The instructions call for "blue-green," but I'm not quite sure what that means. Does anyone know what the Testors equivalent of this would be?

The instrument panel on all Spitfires was semi-matt, or matt Black, not 'blue-green'. I reckon the colour the instructions refer to is the British 'cockpit green', which is a pale green with a slight blue-grey tinge. This was used to paint the interiors of most British aircraft during the period of World War Two, and the remainder of the Spitfire's cockpit was painted this colour. There are various paints from differing manufacturers that are a close match, but I normally mix my own. If you have a look at the thread '30 Years of Airframes' Models', you'll find a shot of my Spit MkIX and Spit MkIa showing this colour. The pics of the MkIX are a closer match, as the lighting for the MkIa makes the colour look darker.
Hope this helps.
Terry.

Airframes and Wurger, thanks for the information and references!

Glad to be of help. Now, get an entry into the Group Build!!!
No rush, you've got four months in which to do it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back