F6F-5 Color? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Judging by the pic the problem with the Future was caused by the brush and the model surface that weren't too clean. The white deposit and grains are dust pieces soaked with the varnish thinner affected by the moisture.
Regarding your question .. the Future is for home using so it should be thinned with the clear water. But I don't recommend that. Instead of the water I would suggest the alcohol ( vodka ) also you may use the Tamiya or Gunze thinners for acylic paints.
Additionally, it is quite useful to add some of retarder liquid used for the acrylic colours usually.
Is 70% Isopropyl enough? What ratio? Should panel liner be applied before or after the gloss varnish?

Edit: Mixed 50/50 Future and 70% Isopropyl, it ate through Vallejo Metal color and the primer coat of flat black.

Last edited:
Panel liner should be used after an acrylic gloss coat. How long you leave it on varies. I watched a few YouTube videos first before I tried it. For me personally, I only apply it to about a 3-4 square inch area at a time, wait for about 20 minutes and then remove it

I've never thinned Future, it runs like water any way. Just a 3/4" wide soft brush and slowish strokes. I do the fuselage first, let it dry completely and then do the wings and tail sections. This way also gives me someplace to hold onto.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back