Bf 110G cockpit color

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

le_steph40

Senior Master Sergeant
Jan 18, 2011
Montech
www.facebook.com
Hello,

Probably a silly question but I'm reading the instructions of Eduard 8208 Bf 110G-4 instructions and I noticed that only the pilot cockpit is RLM66, the rest is indicated in RLM02 color (apart for radio equipment)... I read my docs and it's indicated an overall RLM66 cockpit color... My docs are wrong or not ?

TIA, regards

Stéph

I always understood that the overall colours should be RLM66.
However, some areas of the rear cockpit, where the underlying structure may be visible, such as the fuselage beneath the cannons and cannon feed, would probably show RLM 02.

I agree with Terry. The RLM 66 was recommended to coat the visible areas mostly eg. the cockpit interior, battle stations with glass turrets etc...

If Eduard indicate RLM 02 for the rear cockpit, then that is not correct.
The earlier BF110's, up to late 1940, did have front and rear cockpits in RLM 02, but after then, the colours were changed, on all visible ( from outside) areas of Luftwaffe aircraft, to RLM 66.
Pics below show the cockpits on my Promedeller kit.

110 Build 006.jpg
110 Build 058.jpg

Hello,
I verified my books and I understand why Eduard indicates an RLM02 color in the rear cockpit. The Bf 110G-4 of RAF Museum detailled in SSP Walk Around 5524 and in Aero Details 21 have some parts of the rear cocpkit in RLM02 color. Also, it's sayed that is aircraft is in original condition... :)
So, I think to follow Eduard instructions...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back