International Air Show Batajnica 2009

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for your comments guys. MiG-29 truly is a beautiful aircraft.

Now we come to the aircraft which doesn't need special introduction - F-16 Fighting Falcon. There were four F-16s present at this airshow - two from Turkish AF and two from Denmark. Only one Danish aircraft participated in flight program, but it put up great aerial display. It was interesting to see this aircraft in person for the first time.

One French Alpha Jet took part in flight program as well, but later joined the static display so we were able to see this aircraft up close too.

Attachments

• 6-003.jpg
    6-003.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 107
  • 6-004.jpg
    6-004.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 115
  • 6-006.jpg
    6-006.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 111
  • 6-007.jpg
    6-007.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 115
  • alpha jet-01.jpg
    alpha jet-01.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 116
  • alpha jet-04.jpg
    alpha jet-04.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 117
  • alpha jet-03.jpg
    alpha jet-03.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 122
  • alpha jet-02.jpg
    alpha jet-02.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Apart from the Eurofighter Typhoon this is the aircraft which I was looking forward to see the most. And I wasn't disappointed. There were two Gripens from Hungarian AF at the Airshow - one on static display and other participating in flight program.

Me and my friend Janko had a nice chat with one Hungarian Gripen pilot. His name is Peter and he flew MiG-29s prior to switching to Gripen. He spoke with great deal of respect towards flight characteristics of MiG-29, but noted that Gripen he flies now is more advanced aircraft. He was willing to show us the cockpit of Gripen but unfortunately it was not allowed and Military Police guys were all over the place...

Peter is a member of "Puma" fighter squadron, famous from WW2 when Hungarian pilots flying Bf 109s achieved great success. He was surprised with my knowledge about WW2 history of his unit. When he heard that there is one Bf 109G displayed in our Aeronautical Museum he said he will come eventually to visit that place.

What else can I say... I saw great aircraft for the first time (both on the ground and in the air) and met a nice guy who flies it. Only thing better then that would be if I actually get the ride in that thing. One photo with Peter in front of his plane can be seen in attachment below.

Attachments

• gripen_006.jpg
    gripen_006.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 102
  • gripen_005.jpg
    gripen_005.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 99
  • gripen_004.jpg
    gripen_004.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 100
  • gripen_002.jpg
    gripen_002.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 99
  • gripen_001.jpg
    gripen_001.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 102
  • gripen_007.jpg
    gripen_007.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 105
Great pics Igor. Pity you couldn't get to see the cockpit. I've had that experience before, where the crew don't mind, but someone not even involved will say 'No, it's all still secret'! Maybe next time...

Not much photos left to show...

First there is Yak-40 of Serbia AF. Our modest version of Air Force One, although this is not exactly exclusively presidential plane and it stands at disposal also to the prime minister and other government members. Serbia has three aircraft of this type. Two are VIPs and one is equipped with calibrating devices and used by Flight Control Agency.

Out of transport aircraft there was Serbian An-26, one of two aircraft of this type currently serving with our Air Force. These two planes underwent general overhaul in 2008 in Russia at Rostov upon Don. Remaining five An-26s were decommissioned due to the expiration of technical resources.

Luftwaffe's C-160 Transal was also on static display. Crew made effort to give spectators something interesting to see, so they opened engine and landing gear covers. I was surprised to see how large this plane actually is. Twin engined transport like An-26, but so much larger. Even Hercules looked small standing next to it.

Third transport on static display was USAAF C-130 Hercules. It looked smaller then I imagined. From the conversation with one crew member I found out that they are based at Ramstein Airbase in Germany. On my remark that this planes looks...well "old", the American smiled and said that this is indeed the case and that this plane flew total of 30.000 hours and infact this was their last mision on it. Upon their return to base that plane was to be decommissioned.

One of stars of flight program and later on static display area (at least for me) was Spanish CASA C-295. Rumor has it that this is most serious candidate for new transport aircraft for our Air Force and Spanish pilots sure made effort to promote their aircraft.

In the end here are few more random photos from the event, including one photo of An-2 which is still used in Serbia both by military (for paratroop training) and also as general purpose aircraft.

Attachments

• 7-06.jpg
    7-06.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 64
  • 7-05.jpg
    7-05.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 68
  • 7-04.jpg
    7-04.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 72
  • 7-03.jpg
    7-03.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 7-02.jpg
    7-02.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 68
  • 7-11.jpg
    7-11.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 73
  • 7-10.jpg
    7-10.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 67
  • 7-09.jpg
    7-09.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 68
  • 7-08.jpg
    7-08.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 72
  • 7-07.jpg
    7-07.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 68
  • 7-12.jpg
    7-12.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 68
  • 7-13.jpg
    7-13.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 67
  • 7-14.jpg
    7-14.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 72
  • 7-16.jpg
    7-16.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 65
  • 7-18.jpg
    7-18.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 71
Here's the link to the photoblog where more photos from this Airshow can be seen. The introductory text is in Serbian language, but I believe that pictures speak for themselves. First there are two photos from previous Airshows held at Batajnica in 1997 and 1998 which are fallowed by photos from the most recent Airshow. Many cool photos of aircraft in the air during flight program are included. Enjoy!

Dimitrije Ostojic photoblog Batajnica Airshow 2009

Here is also one photo from this site just to get you fellas intrigued...

mi24huaf_08.JPG

Last edited:
Great pics man.Love those 29's since they had a star on, kinda funny seeing turkish stuff next to serbian (not meaning in a offensive way),gotta get them 97'98' pics too.Anyone knows the cause of the 29 crashing last summer?
Tnx for the photos

Glad you like the photos mate and welcome to the forum.

According to the official investigation findings the cause of MiG-29 crash last summer was a pilot error during a low level manouver. The pilot reportedly lost control on low altitude, hit the ground with one wing and then crashed. Sad event...

Very nice. Enjoyed the photos and commentary. Good job. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back