Interview with a 'Val' pilot (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for the Post, Jenisch! Interesting to hear it from the other side's point of view since most of what we hear is from the US point of view. We often forget that from the Japanese point of view, the war sarted on Dec 8, 1941 since they are across the international date line. The moral of the story about the date aspect is when something happens, it is the local time that counts since ghat is what gets reported.

Don't remember his name or the book tittle, but there was an American that went to Japan some years ago and collected a considerable amount of first hand information from PH veterans.

Good one, Jenisch! :thumbup:

Greg, yeah, that's what I think he meant. But then that's just a claim on my part without corroboration of what he truly meant. :lol:

what a coincidence...the still image of the video link is the one that shows torpedoes fired from an IJN midget sub. I was just watching a program about the midget subs unsuccessful attack on Pearl the other day. (unsuccessful meaning all but one managed to get in and accomplish thier mission)

Thanks for sharing the video!

He answers the question "Were the Japanese after our carriers at Pearl Harbor?" doesn't he .

Logic. In the subsequent naval battles the carriers were always the primary targets.

Last edited:
Thanks for the nice thread, Jenisch.

Zenji Abe passed away on April 6, 2007 at 90.
He kept many good friendships with US veterans after the war.
:salute:

0701-04.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back