Iranians test their new fighters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

We discussed this in an earlier thread. It appears to be an F-5 knock-off. Unless that thing has some super duper Jihad radar system or carries a miniature death-ray, its basically cannon fodder, although I do give them credit for developing something indigenous, especially when many of the engineers, technicians and pilots who are probably working on it are doing so under duress.

Iran reports test of new fighter jet - Yahoo! News

Who gets to shoot them down first, the Israelis or Americans?

resembles th YF-17 too

Attachments

• 4850615l600bb2.jpg
    4850615l600bb2.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 202
Who gets to shoot them down first, the Israelis or Americans?

resembles th YF-17 too

My guess would be the Saudi's. The Iranians are not that stupid, they know the USA or Isreal would make mincemeat of any attack, but they might fancy their chances of a sneak attack on Saudi Arabia.
Although well equipped the Saudi defences are more spread out, less well trained and less experienced.
Also they may want to start a holy war and the Saudi's and Iranians hate each other with a passion. In the early 1970's when I was being trained we had Saudi's and Iranians in our unit and even though it was in the time of the Shah, they had regular fights.

Interesting thought Glider.... It would be kinda nice to sit back and watch them duke it out for a while. Iran's only chance would be a massive first strike. Followed by tons of Chinese made missiles. . Saudi has too many f-15's f-16's and soon the euro fighter.

Iran makes their own tanks too:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/iran/zulfiqar.htm

Attachments

• zolfaghar3-pic1-s.jpg
    zolfaghar3-pic1-s.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 186
Interesting thought Glider.... It would be kinda nice to sit back and watch them duke it out for a while. Iran's only chance would be a massive first strike. Followed by tons of Chinese made missiles. . Saudi has too many f-15's f-16's and soon the euro fighter.

Iran makes their own tanks too:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/iran/zulfiqar.htm

You mean Iran makes their own TOW targets!

It's interesting to note - we train with Saudi Arabian helo bubbas, although I have not seen any Saudi flight students lately.

It's interesting to note - we train with Saudi Arabian helo bubbas, although I have not seen any Saudi flight students lately.

OPSEC Breach!

Hey, if their fighters are as good as F-18's their tanks have to be as good as M-1's!

:lol:

The fact that they can make them should give pause for thought. I'm curious about whats on the drawing board

How is that a security breach?

>>It's interesting to note - we train with Saudi Arabian helo bubbas, although I have not seen any Saudi flight students lately.<<

Any info on troop movements is generally not discussed in open forums...
But what do I know I havent worn a uniform in 15 years!

I wonder if the main gun autoloader is the same as the Soviet one that occasionally thinks the gunner's arm is a round.

tom

>>It's interesting to note - we train with Saudi Arabian helo bubbas, although I have not seen any Saudi flight students lately.<<

Any info on troop movements is generally not discussed in open forums...
But what do I know I havent worn a uniform in 15 years!

This is not troop movement. Many foreign nationals train with the USN. They live out in town and mingle with the folks. It's a well known and publicized training program. In no way was that any breach of security, let me assure you.

This is not troop movement. Many foreign nationals train with the USN. They live out in town and mingle with the folks. It's a well known and publicized training program. In no way was that any breach of security, let me assure you.

It was the part about them "not being around lately".. that is a troop movement.
It's a small piece that could motivate an interested party to research where they have shifted... perhaps there is a buildup we don't know about... unless you start looking for people that have moved on..

Any information is TOO MUCH information

Just a thought... I'm trying to watch out for ya!

Is it just me or does the Iranian tank look like an Isreali Merkava?!?!? :lol: Now that is friggin hilarious. These jokers have to duplicate a tank of their most hated enemy of all the tank designs in the world. That must cost Iranian engineers a few virgins upon judgement day.

It was the part about them "not being around lately".. that is a troop movement.
It's a small piece that could motivate an interested party to research where they have shifted... perhaps there is a buildup we don't know about... unless you start looking for people that have moved on..

Any information is TOO MUCH information

Just a thought... I'm trying to watch out for ya!

I see what you're getting at now, interrpetting it in that way. I understand your thought and intentions. Good imagination! I was not speaking of physical movement - just of not getting a chance to see and talk to any studs lately - as in days because of different schedules - regarding previous comments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back