Iranians test their new fighters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I froze that piece with the F5 flying chase and there are differences it appears it is a little bit larger and it definetly has larger engines . One scene baffles me though and it is of the home grown bird taxing but it has intake covers or am I missing something

I froze that piece with the F5 flying chase and there are differences it appears it is a little bit larger and it definetly has larger engines . One scene baffles me though and it is of the home grown bird taxing but it has intake covers or am I missing something

As I said in my other post. The aircraft is about 5% bigger than the F-5. It was designed a built by reverse engineering an F-5.

The jets that Iran is designing now are considered 3rd Generation.

3rd Generation puts them in the same catagory as the:

Dassault Mirage F.1
Dassault Super Étendard
Dassault Mirage III
Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-21MF/bis 'Fishbed'
Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-23 'Flogger'
Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-25 'Foxbat'
McDonnell Douglas F-4 Phantom II
Northrop F-5

Of the above I would still back thee
Mirage F1 and F4 in a shoot out

It does certainly look like it has its engine covers on. You can also see from the clip how alike it and the F-5 really are. As Chris said it is clearly a reverse engineered F-5 and most likely has similar capabilities.

Point taken Adler, if not "very few" then certainly not "very many."

Most of the aircraft in the last would have their way with this one, methinks...

and in retrospect the Zero was a reversed engineered P35 or so they thought in 1940
And "they" were wrong - you can't compare the development of a front line fighter by world class power in 1940 to an obvious copy of an early 60s technology fighter carried out by a backwards Islamic Republic. I've worked on F-5s and even the seams in the tail canoe for engine removal is copied - the only thing obviously innovative about this aircraft is the V tail and I think it was designed that way just to be different.

Credit is due for their efforts but unless there's a direct link to Allah in the fire control system their new toy will make great targets for most who might come across it and I put my money on Israel.

Pretty much says it all. Designed by 14th century fanatics. Maintained by believers. Flown by followers. Shot down by 20th century world citizens.

I suppose it is yet another lesson on how Iran can move forward 6 centuries.

I'm quite familiar with the F5 (CF116) and know their capabilities fairly well ...room for your ass and gallon of gas and it makes sense they would clone it as it was in the Iranian Inventory .Weren't the ones Canada supplied to Botswana all glass cockpit with a good FCS as they were originally to be used for lead in the F18 . I would agree its FCS would not be up to western standards but it would be simple to maintain. But my point is we don't know under the hood or what technology the Chinese or Russians or even the French have supplied for this bird . The worst thing to do would be take it for granted or any weapon for that matter

I'm quite familiar with the F5 (CF116) and know their capabilities fairly well ...room for your ass and gallon of gas and it makes sense they would clone it as it was in the Iranian Inventory .Weren't the ones Canada supplied to Botswana all glass cockpit with a good FCS as they were originally to be used for lead in the F18 . I would agree its FCS would not be up to western standards but it would be simple to maintain. But my point is we don't know under the hood or what technology the Chinese or Russians or even the French have supplied for this bird . The worst thing to do would be take it for granted or any weapon for that matter
Its one thing to know what not "under the hood." It's another thing when the "hood" it the size of a bread basket....

Yes, never underestimate your enemy, but you can't put 5 pounds of sh!t into a 5 pound bag, and that's what the Iranians are advertising...

The electronic backbone of the that bird is not even ARINC 453, ARINC 653, nor MilStd 1553 equivalent. There is no way that the Iranian headshed has put together a integrated bird that can fly, detect, assimilate and track a modern day target with that thing. It's an anomoly of fanatisism that it even flies without promises of virgins written in Farsi on its fuselage.

Wow.

I'm massively underwhelmed by this thread, and not just about the Iranian's new fighter (which is a bit naff, but still a reasonable achievement).

Having worked and studied closely with several Iranians over the past couple of years, the derogatory attitude really baffles me. I found them generally hard working, intelligent rational people who were fiercely proud of their nation and angry at what they percieve as disproportionaate international criticism and internal meddling in their history and current situation by both regional powers and the superpowers.

Yes, they do have more than their fair share of religious wackos and the political ends of the spectrum tend to run to the extreeme. But you could also say the same things about America and Israel, although, fortunately, the paradigms in those countries don't tend toward martyrism.

(Curiously, Iran has the largest Jewish population in the Middle East outside of Israel)

Its easy to write them off, but how about some respect for a nation that, cut off from the rest of the world, has the technical ability to arm itself, even if it is only with second or third rate equipment.

Unless you police your own and stand up for the greater good that you so espouse Jabber, then, just like most stereotypes they become steeped in truth.

So how about "some respect for a nation that, cut off from the rest of the world, has the technical ability to arm itself, even if it is only with second or third rate equipment"?? Some respect you jackass? Their leadership has stated they desire the absolute destruction of the US and has funded terrorism that has cost Americans their lives. Don't you remember the 250+ US marines in Lebanon. Dumbass...

Wow.

I'm massively underwhelmed by this thread, and not just about the Iranian's new fighter (which is a bit naff, but still a reasonable achievement).

Having worked and studied closely with several Iranians over the past couple of years, the derogatory attitude really baffles me. I found them generally hard working, intelligent rational people who were fiercely proud of their nation and angry at what they percieve as disproportionaate international criticism and internal meddling in their history and current situation by both regional powers and the superpowers.
There has been nothing derogatory said here about Iranians, just an honest overview of their technical capabilities as well as a few opinions thrown in. I too have work with Iranians (In college one of my best friends was from Iran). After the recent visit by their President, it is obvious where the leadership of that country stands and I recognize this is not a reflection of the people - I read recently where there was a survey taken of young Iranians and they look more favorably towards the US than people from France.
Yes, they do have more than their fair share of religious wackos and the political ends of the spectrum tend to run to the extreeme. But you could also say the same things about America and Israel, although, fortunately, the paradigms in those countries don't tend toward martyrism.
Agree....
(Curiously, Iran has the largest Jewish population in the Middle East outside of Israel)
And they are heavily persecuted as well as Christians (One of my Iranian friends was christian)
Its easy to write them off, but how about some respect for a nation that, cut off from the rest of the world, has the technical ability to arm itself, even if it is only with second or third rate equipment.
And agree as well as I mention the same in previous posts

Respect? That's not a word that I, or any civilized individual, would use to describe a country that exports and bankrolls terrorism.

And they're not exactly cut off from the rest of the world.

I could say more with regard to your post :evil: but Matt already covered it for me.

TO

Wow.

Cut "off from the rest of the world"... LOL hardly... China and Russia are pooring help into Iran ..Do you realy think what you read on the news is realy whats going on ..

I wonder how much "technical ability" Iran has in this plane.. ?? I would say not much ..Its ether old school USA workings in the plane ..Or stuff from China and Russia ... And China and Russia know full well that some day they well end up fighting these mad basters in the sand just like America..China and Russia do injoy jacking up the USA's plans in the Arab World ..Just as the USA jacks up China and Russia's plans too.. Old game..

But China and Russian's know better then to give the Arabs high end weapons.. Because Like America .. Every time we arm some one ..They use it aganst us..

"Cut off from the rest of the world"... My butt...LOL..

After the recent visit by their President

His visit to the USA made the national news over here, but oddly the televised news only concentrated on his responses to questions at a university address. The most predominately aired one, was his answer to the question of the treatment of homosexuals in Iran. "We do not have homosexuals in my country-we do not have the problem that you have here". The audience broke into laughter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back