Is talk of il2 modding taboo on this site

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

danger

Airman
Oct 2, 2008
is talk of il2 modding taboo on this site?

how modable is il-2 actually? to my knowledge ubi nor maddox did release a SDK for the game (same goes for silent hunter). i think alterring the maps and skins is at this moment the limit. or am i mistaking here?

sturmer

yes i knew about the ai planes, but i mean with modding more tweaking.
like skinning bombs and improving their explosionrange and power, same as the planes so that you can change speeds an stuff like that.

sturmer

there have been quite a few new aircraft added to the game that you can now fly eg B17's B29's. These are new slot aircraft ie have been made from the ground up. The new B29 Silverplate can now drop both types of atomic bombs. Also you can fly the Mossie drop 4000lb cookies as well. You can also fly the mossie on pathfinder missions and drop different coloured flares to mark the target for your mates in bombers.

I don't know much about the LI2 at all so don't ask me

Why the **** did you post here then? He isn't asking any specific person :lol: I pity all those wasted black pixels on my screen and the few bytes of bandwith wasted by that post.

Jk, peace man, just don't do that kind of thing next time :lol:

Hm... I think it is my 1st (or 2nd?) post here... I am casual Il-2 1946 flyer... :D yes, but mods that make AI aircraft flyable are not supported by O. Maddox, nor new aircraft (like Spit MK I or "Silverplate" B-29). By reading, people are having hard time to "insert" new aircraft. But they look great and fly great, as it looks that complications prevent second-grade work ;)

Some AI aircraft (when "piloted") fly great (Hawk 75), some well (MS406/410/Morko), some are horrible (Avenger). Interestingly, B-17/24/29 fly great, although I read that O. Maddox does not support "strategic" stuff....

Personally, when I have enough of single-engined fighters chasing Uber-AI flown airplanes, I make a quick bomber mission and play as gunner(s) in B-17 :)

You folks should try the Hurricane IId, Mossie XVI or the Me-110G-4 410's - great little planes........the Atomic Bomb B-29's are ok, but slows down the PC too much sometimes.

But talking about is fine compared to maybe last year when I was putting the 'Mods' within another thread.

I only have the basic mod pack from allaircraftarcade.com (that comes with the sound mod). Something interesting is that (unless it depends on the version of aircraft installer you use) different versions of the sound mod have different versions of the modded aircraft.

The initial one I used (version 09) had the Tomahawk (P-40B/C/Hawk 81) internal view on the Hawk 75 and Morane fighters. The problem with this on the Hawk was the nose seen from the cockpit was that of the Tomahawk, and the whole thing looked wrong for the Morane.

The one I currently have installed (verion 09-2 iirc) has correct nose views of the Hawk's propper radial cowling. (with the correct differences for the A-3's Twin Wasp and A-4's Cyclone 9)

In the latter mod the Morane has the cocpit of one of the Macchi fighters (I'm not sure if its the 202 or 205), and it looks a lot more convincing than having the Tomahawk's canopy. ;)

I think all the mods (at least the standard ones) have the Bf 110's cockpit for the Hs 129.

Hot Space, was my statement about the different cockpit models of the "new" flyable aircraft in the different sound mod versions correct?

And is the Bf 110's cockpit the only one used on the Hs 129?

i think i'm a bit behind on mods i'm running v4.08 on il2 1946 and installed the sound mod and flyable AI planes from allaircraftarcade.com !

what else is recomended that i should install ?

This is a good place to start for all the 'New Slotted' Planes m8:

Click

You'll need to download the: AC Installer 3.0 also which is linked within some of the new aircraft or your game will carsh to Desktop at 60% m8.

Beta Patch 4.09

Click

With this you can install all the newly made maps too......which bring me on to this:

Click

Install the Default Map Grade 1st and just work your way from there 8)

This is also helpful as you can play either: 4.08 unmodded, 4.08 modded, 4.09 unmodded 4.09 modded:

Click

Also have a look in the Beta Il2 Mods Forum too as there is much, much more there also :)

Hot Space, was my statement about the different cockpit models of the "new" flyable aircraft in the different sound mod versions correct?

And is the Bf 110's cockpit the only one used on the Hs 129?

I'm not sure m8 as I've only used Version 9.0. I do know that 9.2/3 as updated Engine SFX Sounds and I know the SFX separate sound mod has added engine sounds for different planes: i.e Rolls Royce Griffon for some Spit IX's, different DB's sounds for the 109 etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back