Is this picture a BF 109 G10?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I considered that, but looking closely, they appear to be the Tropical issue whitewall type.

It's the closer look that caused me to think it's mud. Very rough edges plus there is mud in the tread. But anyway, this is not the subject of this thread.

The first pic in the OP appears to be a different aircraft.
Spinner spiral seems different, whitewall tyres, antennae under the wing, and the number on the fuselage appears to be a '3' or'7'.
yes they are different my pic is of white 7 which flew with NJG 10 the white 43 although similar did not use Fug radar and flew in NJG 11.

Edit: there are different sources on the net that have it in NJ10, I'm not so sure which it is, it's a hard one to definitively prove.

Last edited:
That's a good call on the evidence available.
I can see the deeper oil cooler of a late production/conversion aircraft, which fits with the camouflage, and is that a G-10 style supercharger intake? Various other filler caps and intakes all look to be in the right places.

I think that the foremost of three antennae is also just about visible on the opened panel in front of the windscreen. They should be there in a FuG 217 installation.

I'll take Terry's word for 'White 7', it's not one I'm aware of. A W.Nr. would be great, any aircraft like this could have an interesting history.
stona, there are no antenna on the top front, these Fug 217 installs were done in varies ways as they were testing different positions on the a/c the white 7 had them on the bottom, I still need to confirm that there were also 3 antenna on the rear of the fueselage whether on top or bottom is yet to be confirmed. I thought saw another pic of this plane side profile that showed this clearly. I'll look around again.

I think it's the first time that I see a small window opening in the main canopy (on 43).

Hello guys,

It's undoubtfully a G-6/AS/N surely modified by Erla-Antwerpen, Mimetall or Blohm u. Voss.
First clue is the retrofitted Erla haube with the antenna mast on the fuselage and the original lockink device of the canopy.
Second clue : the engine because of the lower location of oil filling hatch is a DB 605 AS/ASM (M = MW50).
But this airplane is very special hence the deicing device as on Erla and WNF G-10s.

The oil cap filler only indicates what type of oil tank was installed: a bigger oil tank would still work well with both AS and D engines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back