Israel vs Hamas Conflict 2023

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would re-think my behavior that resulted in my expulsion and then try to get along with the people who have taken me in. "Death to ---" is not an attitude conducive to genuine peace.

Really? So when lands are taken you would just say "I'm ok with that."

I think you are looking at this very jaded glasses.

Divorce court?:rolleyes:

IMG_0057.gif

(transferred my post from the Ukraine thread)

The Hamas cannot manufacture their own rockets to any degree, so at some point the Israelis will find out who made them and where they are coming from (there were well over a thousand fired in the first couple of hours, and more are being fired every hour though in smaller amounts - the total is estimated at over 3500 so far [as of 0130 CDT in the US]).

Also, Hamas cannot win in any kind of a military sense - and that means they are waiting for something else to happen.
The missiles/rockets are all supplied by/funded from Iran, this was told to me recently by an Israeli friend of mine, his family knew several of the people involved in this event.

This ongoing conflict is reminiscent of another, much smaller, one that took place 90 miles away from where I live 140 years ago this October. The Earps were opposed by the Clantons & McLaurys in Tombstone. That story is widely known but it is rarely understood what led to the ultimate showdown. The final declaration by the Clantons that they would kill the Earps on sight was the last straw. Here is the whole story told by a history professor at the University of Arizona. The aftermath is worth noting as well. There are interesting parallels in this story.
View: https://youtu.be/tuAh3delv2k

And a lot of the grievance is justified on both sides. I am no lover of the Palestinians but when Israelis enter Palestinian owned land, squat on it and then the government steals it and gives it to the squatters that is always going to cause problems.

How would you react if that land was your land and had been in your family- usually for generations.

That said I generally support the Israelis.
This region was a part of Ottoman-Syria for some 400 years prior to the breakout of WWI. It's the British who broke it off and protected it from the Ottomans but on the proviso the Arab-Palestinian majority would accept the influx of Zionist Jews. At that time of the break-off the Jewish-Palestinian population in Palestine comprised but a small percent. But this migration imperative was Britain's answer to the "Jewish Question," which, by 1917, came in the form of the Balfour Declaration in which Britain basically committed itself to finding a national home for the Jews. In 1920 when the British were given the mandate by the League of Nations to govern the region on behalf of the Palestinian population, the Balfour Declaration and its migration exigency was incorporated in the mandate creating a contradiction in terms of a dual responsibility to both Arabs and Jews. By the end of WWII that panned out the Arab population in the region doubled while the Jewish population grew by some tenfold or more. Those are the sides in this war. It started out some 500 years ago with both sides living among one another in their ancestral homeland but under Ottoman occupation. It was when Palestine was freed and the migration ensued that the trouble started. And that's how I got it, in a nut.

Israelis would be fools to offer citizenship to those who want their extermination.o_O
Minds can be changed. Look at the Muslim countries with normalized trade and relations with Israel.

But what choice does Israel have? They should have expelled all the Arabs from the Occupied Territories and Gaza back in 1948. They can't now, and they can't kill them all. So, what's the path now?

Minds can be changed. Look at the Muslim countries with normalized trade and relations with Israel.

But what choice does Israel have? They should have expelled all the Arabs from the Occupied Territories and Gaza back in 1948. They can't now, and they can't kill them all. So, what's the path now?
Kill the terrorists- summary executions. That example will have a moderating influence on the others.

Kill the terrorists- summary executions. That example will have a moderating influence on the others.
It has probably worked sometimes but not always, for example the executions carried out by the British in Ireland after the Easter Rebellion in 1916 or the Nazi execution campaigns around Europe in 1941-45.

Do summary executions ever have moderating influence? If your brother was deemed by an invader as a terrorist and executed, would you feel moderated? If Hamas kills the Jewish hostages, does Israel feel moderated? No, everyone seeks retribution.

This region was a part of Ottoman-Syria for some 400 years prior to the breakout of WWI. It's the British who broke it off and protected it from the Ottomans but on the proviso the Arab-Palestinian majority would accept the influx of Zionist Jews. At that time of the break-off the Jewish-Palestinian population in Palestine comprised but a small percent. But this migration imperative was Britain's answer to the "Jewish Question," which, by 1917, came in the form of the Balfour Declaration in which Britain basically committed itself to finding a national home for the Jews. In 1920 when the British were given the mandate by the League of Nations to govern the region on behalf of the Palestinian population, the Balfour Declaration and its migration exigency was incorporated in the mandate creating a contradiction in terms of a dual responsibility to both Arabs and Jews. By the end of WWII that panned out the Arab population in the region doubled while the Jewish population grew by some tenfold or more. Those are the sides in this war. It started out some 500 years ago with both sides living among one another in their ancestral homeland but under Ottoman occupation. It was when Palestine was freed and the migration ensued that the trouble started. And that's how I got it, in a nut.
The Jews & Arabs co-existed without major problems for thousands of years until the WW2 Nazi interference. Since the post WW1 parting out of the land between French and British rule, the German interest in the oil source and the political (ethnic Cleansing) caused the present upheaval. German contact with the Arab power broker assured him of German support and would continue him to be in power. The Germans would rid the Arabs of the annoying British & French in return for his assistance in ridding the desert of the Jews. From the mid 1940s the agitation grew to what it is now. Through most of history, the Jews were just another people or tribe in the region. The area the British decided would be called Palestine had been a region of Summarians, Syrians and Jordanians with the Jews living in their midst. One could guess that if Hitler had not taken power, the present problem would not exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back