Italeri 1/72 Grumman F6F-3 Hellcat

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Question? Are the japanese "kills" located on the starboard side authentic? I thought they were always on the port side (only because that is where I have ever seen them). Any help?

I think it is corect.I've noticed that some Hellcats had painted these japanese "kills" not only on starboards or even on both sides of fuselage..

After profile from Osprey's "Aircraft of the Aces No.10 - Hellcat Aces of World War 2", kills on this particular plane were painted on the starboard side. Only mistake I made is after Italeri's guide - Lt. Stambook's name should also be above the kills on starboard side, and not on port side... :confused:

I got the Italeri kit too, Profa, reboxed under the Revell name. I think they produce it with markings for the same aircraft - if so, I can send them to you to correct that, as I'm doing my own markings for it. Drop us your address in a PM if you're interested.

..Post edited...Sorry mate, it seems the markings aren't for the same aircraft afterall. Sorry about that. Evan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back