Italeri 1:72 scale Gotha 242

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bustedwing

Tech Sergeant
Dec 6, 2005
North Delta BC
My start for the new year. Again with a lot of the kits or planes I build not a ton of pictures so back to winging it. Nice kit but ill fitting and the instructions are very misleading. Also a ton of fiddley little parts that try to explode when you clip them off the sprue. Comes with a bonus too, a Kubbelwagon which is a nice little kit unto it's self. I scratch built some crates and pallets for a bit more detail on the inside along with some tubing under the cockpit floor and my faux wood flooring which I think turned out too dark.

go242a_zpswzcdse1m.jpg

go242c_zpse56f0ugk.jpg

cargofloor%20005_zpsgb1wwlud.jpg

cargofloor%20008_zpslrsvgcia.jpg

Very nice work indeed !
The 'wooden' floor looks fine to me - just right for the look of wear and tear, dirt, dust and oil etc.
Will you be adding tie-down straps and wheel chocks to the Kubelwagen ?

Some pictures of the completed kit. Great kit to build. I did'nt realize I had'nt posted these since I finnished it quite some time ago. I ended up having to hand paint and airbrush the teeth on the nose, the decal was a disaster. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. Always love a kit that comes with a bonus vehicle as well !

gotha242%20012_zpsdzcur7cv.jpg

gotha242%20008_zpsvc3g2cz8.jpg

gotha242%20009_zpsb5meesdr.jpg

gotha242%20013_zps6oadmkmq.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back