It's Fubar's Birthday!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hey Geo, Happy Birthday!!

While we can't compete with the big quarry stuff like you guys have, we do have a local quarry on a mountain top here in Shasta County that has fairly good sized equipment (Euclid, Cat 774, Cat 990 and a badass crusher perched on the side of a bigass cliff) so I'll toss that pic in for your Birthday!

This photo is one of many I took when I used to go up there for two-way radio work

Thanks GrauGeist and I would give anything to work there, what an awesome view for a work environment.

Geo
It's a breath-taking view, as you're on the top of a limestone mountain that overlooks the great central valley and two mount ranges to either side. The down-side to that, is the quarry runs year-round and the weather can get foul in a heartbeat. I've been up there when it's sunny and warm and within 30 minutes, clouds roll in, temps drop and the winds start howling. Being in a quarry, it pays to have an eye peeled to your surroundings at all times, double so when in the mountains.

Anyway, here's a couple shots from two different visits up there: The "foggy" one was a nasty winter day when the quarry was socked in by low clouds all day while the rain was blowing horizontally. (Cat 988 and a Euc back there, a Kumatsu shovel to the right)
The other pic shows me heading off the "top" and down a VERY steep road in extremely bad conditions. It had been windy and raining all morning and then started spitting snow when I decided to stop work and pull out (work van was two-wheel drive). This road was bare mud less than 15 minutes before. I almost didn't make it off it was getting that bad.

Anyway, don't mean to hijack the thread...back to the Birthday Festivities!!

Users who are viewing this thread