"It's like Marmite "

andy1967

Airman 1st Class
163
498
Joined
Nov 9, 2025
In the UK when you describe something like Marmite it means people either like it or dislike it, there's no in-between. This can apply to almost anything, to keep this lighthearted no person's name living or dead is allowed. LIVER AND ONIONS.
 
In the UK when you describe something like Marmite it means people either like it or dislike it, there's no in-between. This can apply to almost anything, to keep this lighthearted no person's name living or dead is allowed. LIVER AND ONIONS.
That deserved a like even though I don't like it.
 
It is NOT in any way OK! It is an appalling substance.

Having said that, my wife, who is Dutch, loves the stuff...
 
Last edited:
I have not explained this thread very well. "It,s like Marmite " can apply to anything. In my example I put ." LIVER AND ONIONS" because you either like it or dislike it, there's no in-between another example could be "CROCS ". I apologise for not making it clearer.
 
25 year in Glasgow and I still haven't tried it and that goes for Buckfast as well! 😆😂
 
25 year in Glasgow and I still haven't tried it and that goes for Buckfast as well! 😆😂

You're going to tell us you haven't woken up in a gutter either....😜
 
Next thing it'll be....banana or ketchup! (Shivering)
Worse... :grimacing:

101566081_3295572747121862_5936402744430094290_n.jpg
 
Tesla Cybertruck

Aren't they universally detested for a number of reasons?
 
Self propelled trash dumpsters...

*IF* (and this a mighty huge IF) I were to consider getting an EV Pickup truck, it would be a Rivian
If I were to consider an EV truck, it would be a Tonka.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back