Japan and Japanese

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I think fat Americans would get stuck somewhere in the turns. Otherwise it could be fun.
Yes, it looks too narrow like this suicide weapon.....

Kaiten.jpg

Source: https://cloudfront-ap-northeast-1.images.arcpublishing.com/sankei/WIIBFUXEXRKFXPLCZLSZQRARW4.jpg

Emperor Hirohito had seen 3 dynasty's ruling my country!

The very final days of Qajar dynasty ...

The whole Pahlavi era ...

And first decade of Islamic Republic ...

I wish it was possible to talk to him, in person, but that's not currently possible!!! (It's possible in some sci-fi world's, but not irl).

I'm interested to know what Emperor Hirohito or any other high ranking officials were thinking of my country???

Emperor Hirohito had seen 3 dynasty's ruling my country!

The very final days of Qajar dynasty ...

The whole Pahlavi era ...

And first decade of Islamic Republic ...

I wish it was possible to talk to him, in person, but that's not currently possible!!! (It's possible in some sci-fi world's, but not irl).

I'm interested to know what Emperor Hirohito or any other high ranking officials were thinking of my country???
Hirohito's most concern is said the inheritance and handover of the Japanese royal system to the next generation. I think that he could have been interested in this point about the Iranian royal and religious system.

Ancient Persians who are said visited Nara of Japan in the 8th century would have looked like this
Ancient_Persian_costumes.jpg

Source: Persians - Wikipedia

That is most certainly a Katana that's fit for Royalty.
Good point, Dave.
There were many similar decorated swords as 飾太刀(kaza-tachi or kazari-tachi) which were manufactured for the aristocracy but finish was not necessarily so good as the emperor's as they generally suffered from poverty since Samurai took power. Here is an example sword for them though this might have related to the royal family. At least, the Imperial Household Agency is not interested in such a sword as origin is unknown because the agency is said holding as many as 300 historical swords as spare :eek:

kaza-tachi_00s.jpg
kaza-tachi_01s.jpg
kaza-tachi_02s.jpg
kaza-tachi_03s.jpg

Source: https://www.touken-world.jp/search-koshirae/kazari-long-sword-koshirae/art0005840/

Ancient design of Japanese sword 毛抜形太刀(kenuki-gata-tachi).
Large openwork of the handle works as shock absorber.
Original idea came from a full metal sword used by native Japanese around the 10th century.

Kenukigata_01.jpg

Source: 国の重要文化財 毛抜形太刀【けぬきがたたち】 正光 | ONLINE » 公式 | 刀剣 三原正家×みはらまさいえ

Kenukigata_02.jpg

Source: 金地螺鈿毛抜形太刀 | 日本刀や刀剣の買取ならつるぎの屋

Remnant
Kenukigata_03.jpg

Source: 美術刀専門店 濃州刀剣工房

Users who are viewing this thread

Back