Japan and Japanese

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

NK 'missile' seems to have ended as a firework in the Yellow Sea.

Missile_lost_Yellow_Sea_20230531.jpg

Seems the 'friendship' being parallel recently.

On May 30, missile destroyer USS Shoup of the 7th Fleet of US Navy called at the port of Japan's northern city Sendai. At a press conference, the captain (Cdr. Dale Tourtelotte) indicated that the ship would continue to call at the port for refueling and rest for the crew.

. . . . . Meanwhile, on the other side of the port, about 40 citizens of anti-war citizens group raised their voices saying "Don't turn our port into naval port!" Deputy secretary general of the group Morio Hashimoto pointed out that such a port call as this time is the war drill with the view to use in the emergencies and added "if the US warships come and go, our city will become the enemy's target."

What is it about subways that attracts the crazy people and ass holes?
I was a "strap hanger" for too many years. Not only do they attract "interesting" types but you're sealed in there with them.
True story: Morning rush on the D train (it used to run on the Brighton line so don't correct me, EwenS). The train is packed. I'm standing, holding on to a strap, staring transfixed at some poster, like everyone else, ignoring everyone else. We're all trying to tune everything out. Suddenly, as if a wave parted the sea of commuters, a guy came skipping down the center of the car. Tall, thin, crew cut hair, shorts and t-shirt. About 50. He was repeating, with a big happy smile, "It's the government, right? It's the government!" He would stop and poke his face between the riders who were doing their best to ignore him. He would then say "It's the government right? It's the government!". He then skipped his way out the car into the next one.
You got your war stories. I got mine.

I was a "strap hanger" for too many years. Not only do they attract "interesting" types but you're sealed in there with them.
True story: Morning rush on the D train (it used to run on the Brighton line so don't correct me, EwenS). The train is packed. I'm standing, holding on to a strap, staring transfixed at some poster, like everyone else, ignoring everyone else. We're all trying to tune everything out. Suddenly, as if a wave parted the sea of commuters, a guy came skipping down the center of the car. Tall, thin, crew cut hair, shorts and t-shirt. About 50. He was repeating, with a big happy smile, "It's the government, right? It's the government!" He would stop and poke his face between the riders who were doing their best to ignore him. He would then say "It's the government right? It's the government!". He then skipped his way out the car into the next one.
You got your war stories. I got mine.
Yes. But was it the government?

IJA had gone.

JGSDF's PAC3 did not work against NK 'satellite' due to typhoon.
Okinawa Times reports.

On June 2 after the launch of NK 'satellite' and the typhoon moved away from the Okinawa region, JGSDF's PAC3 finally prepared to intercept North Korea's "satellite" in the cities of Ishigaki, Miyakojima, and Yonaguni Town. However, in Ishigaki City, PAC3 missiles were deployed in the harbor area, not the garrsion base, without even notice. Citizens were perplexed as the work of private contractors who had not been informed in advance were obliged to be interrupted their job. It also turned out that the PAC3 did not work during the typhoon approaching.

. . . . . Narishige Nakazato (69), a farmer who lives near the base of Miyakojima, comments "JGSDF protected PAC3, not us."

What they have to mind in J(G)SDF first - It's promotion.

"How to get promoted in JSDF,

If you do not pass the exam to become the 3rd sergent within six years, you have to leave JSDF. About 50% pass and the rest leave. Promotion race is severe.

After passed, you must enter the sergent education unit for about half a year.
To get promoted to the 2nd sergent, it takes about four years at fastest, thirteen years at latest.

To get promoted to the 1st sergent or the sergent major, you have to keep good academic resulsts at the education unit (though there is exception).

This system may look unfair for a hard worker. Achievement and loyalty are also considered for promotion. Don't worry. Your efforts will be rewarded. In my case, academic results were good but promotion was late as my efforts were not enough. Damn!"

View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/JT6eG7_mRaQ

On June 9, JSDF Chief of Staff, Yoshihide Yoshida, said at a press conference that he thinks the recent continued incursions by Chinese naval vessels into Japan's southern territorial waters around Yakushima Island in Kagoshima Prefecture is "extremely serious."

His face doesn't look "extremely serious."
He is originally a beaurocrat, not 'military' man.

Chief-of-Staff_Yoshihide_Yoshida_2023.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back