Japan and Japanese (4 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Former PM Taro Aso was so popular with young people as to become a PM twenty years ago but he forgets they are not so young anymore but he still believes that he is popular with young people who are interested in neither Aso nor war.

PM Taro Aso in 2008

Last edited:
Helicopter accident in April - update.

"JGSDF helicopter accident investigation extends time for analysis
Sankei News dated July 20, 2023

Defense Minister Seiichi Hamada announced on July 20 that report on the UH60JA helicopter crash accident that occurred near Miyakojima Island, Okinawa on Apri 6 would be extend the deadline for submission. According to the rules, report must be submitted to the Air Accident Investigation Commission within 4 months."

The cause is already said 'engine trouble' due to unusual sound recorded in the voice recorder.

Future commanders.
Starting points look different.

Defense academy students - need more muscles first

Police academy students - already practical

Whenever I see Shinpachi-san 's posts in Japanese, I remember that unlike English or Persian, you can't delete a "Character" if you wrote something wrong, you have to erase entire sentence, or even paragraph to correct it!

IMHO, this is what makes Japanese hard!

This is Japanese kid's play I used to enjoy -

Each character is independent = 各文字は自立しています = kaku moji wa jiritsu site imasu

The "kaku moji wa jiritsu site imasu" can be also written like these with same pronunciation -
核門司葉自立仕手今巣
格茂治歯地律詩停升
各藻児派事理津子弟増
etc.

Masao Kusakari (70) is one of the most popular actors in Japan.
His father was said a GI and died in the Korean War. Masao grew up with no more information about his father and his family in the US since 1952.

Today, NHK broadcasted a documentary that it had found out his family in the US last year and Masao met his father's sister and her family well for the first time in his life. Well done, NHK

Aunt(97) and Masao

Source: NHK

Two days ago, a super typhoon hit my area like Osaka, Kyoto, Kobe etc. but almost no heavy rains and wind in my town because my town had been put in the center of it. This was lucky unlike violent results five years ago.
Let's touch wood.

Osaka under the typhoon attack on August 15, 2023.

View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/6zqp58KB_LM

Users who are viewing this thread