Japan and Japanese (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Japan's neighbor seems to be tired of handling diplomacy recently.
They have not changed their plan so quickly.

China withdraws report of plans to send gas mining ships to East China Sea
Just means they are going to do it anyway, and anyone who complains can get stuffed.

There is an agreement on Japan-China Joint Development in the East China Sea confirmed between Japan and China in 2008.
Development itself has no problem as long as both countries keep contacts.

And China is famous for keeping contracts. Hong Kong is a perfect example.

..... and Mr. Emanuel does not stop speaking.

U.S. Ambassador to Japan Rahm Emanuel gave a speech in Tokyo on the 22nd stating that China which banned the import of Japanese seafood following the release of treated water from the TEPCO Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant is now allowing fishing within Japan's exclusive economic zone (EEZ). He also criticized that the embargo was not motivated by health concerns but rather was aimed at isolating Japan. He posted a photo of a Chinese fishing boat in operation on his personal X (formerly Twitter) on the 15th too.

Mr. Emanuel has previously made comments mocking the Xi Jinping administration in his X, "As Shakespeare wrote in "Hamlet" "something is rotten" regarding the inactivity of China's defense minister. NBC Television reported that the White House had asked Emanuel to refrain from criticizing China, saying it "could put a damper" on the Biden administration's efforts for improving relations with China.
[Jiji Press]

14 mines and bombs seem to have been discovered this time. JMSDF is going to treat them by the end of this year.
FBS Fukuoka reports job details.

FBS_Fukuoka20230925.jpg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5GSEtegYSA

I remember that I had been fascinated with this laser light reflector which was set on the moon by Apollo 11 fifty years ago to return the beam to the sender in whichever angle it might be. I thought this was a genius's idea because the future laser weapon would not be almighty by this.

Apollo_11_laser_beam_reflector.jpg

I remember that I had been fascinated with this laser light reflector which was set on the moon by Apollo 11 fifty years ago to return the beam to the sender in whichever angle it might be. I thought this was a genius's idea because the future laser weapon would not be almighty by this.

View attachment 739074
The "retro-reflector" principle is also used as a passive radar beacon in liferafts and other places.

Having spent several years working on high energy laser weapons, I urge everyone to remember the effects on their effectiveness resulting from clouds, rain, snow, fog, sea spray, smoke... It's hard to think of another type of weapon that wouldn't be instantly dropped from consideration if it had similarly severe degradation by so many common environmental factors.

Having spent several years working on high energy laser weapons, I urge everyone to remember the effects on their effectiveness resulting from clouds, rain, snow, fog, sea spray, smoke... It's hard to think of another type of weapon that wouldn't be instantly dropped from consideration if it had similarly severe degradation by so many common environmental factors.
At some monstrous power density, the laser literally burns a hole in the atmosphere; the next pulse goes right on through. It only happens in gigawat pulse lasers of appropriate wavelength, though.

At some monstrous power density, the laser literally burns a hole in the atmosphere; the next pulse goes right on through. It only happens in gigawat pulse lasers of appropriate wavelength, though.
Actually, when the power density gets above a certain level (depending on altitude, humidity and all sorts of other things) the atmosphere incandesces into a plasma that blocks further propagation of the beam.

Actually, when the power density gets above a certain level (depending on altitude, humidity and all sorts of other things) the atmosphere incandesces into a plasma that blocks further propagation of the beam.
Further discussion gets into classified territory...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back