Jet Crash at Reno (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

There's a clip of the crash on YouTube. I don't feel like posting it but my gut opinion is he had a medical condition.

I had many bitter sweet memories at Reno and elsewhere and with L29s and L39s - this once again reinforces my decision never to participate in the National Air Races again.

There's a clip of the crash on YouTube. I don't feel like posting it but my gut opinion is he had a medical condition.

I had many bitter sweet memories at Reno and elsewhere and with L29s and L39s - this once again reinforces my decision never to participate in the National Air Races again.
I missed seeing the initial pull, but saw the resulting descent. There didn't seem to be any attempt to recover, so my guess is something like that or G-loc.
But, to be honest, I don't really feel like watching that again. Having organised airshows, it's too easy to put myself in the organisers shoes and know what they will be going through.

I missed seeing the initial pull, but saw the resulting descent. There didn't seem to be any attempt to recover, so my guess is something like that or G-loc.
But, to be honest, I don't really feel like watching that again. Having organised airshows, it's too easy to put myself in the organisers shoes and know what they will be going through.
Amen!

From what I'm hearing an L29 crashed at the end of the Jet Class gold today. I'll put out more information as I'll let the media catch up. I believe I know the who the pilot was.
-I posted this elsewhere, but...
-An Aero L-29 Delfín crashed behind a residential area in Reno about 3:45 p.m. PST, Sunday, Sep 18, 2022, the Federal Aviation Administration said in a preliminary statement. It was in the final or "gold" race of the jet class when it crashed during the third lap of the event. The pilot was killed

-I posted this elsewhere, but...
-An Aero L-29 Delfín crashed behind a residential area in Reno about 3:45 p.m. PST, Sunday, Sep 18, 2022, the Federal Aviation Administration said in a preliminary statement. It was in the final or "gold" race of the jet class when it crashed during the third lap of the event. The pilot was killed
Thanks for posting but it's all over the internet now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back