Jg 301 Arado Ar 96 ?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

rochie

Staff
Mod
Any body have any more info on this Jg301 aircraft, I think it is an Arado Ar 96

Clipboard01.jpg

Thanks

The picture appears in Reschke's book on JG301/302. The guy in the picture is Generalleutnant Dietrich Peltz. The aircraft in the pic is indeed an Ar96 and the one Reschke and Fw Blum flew from Stendal to Ehrfurt on 8 April 1945 to collect two Ta152H-1s. These are the ones some believe to be actually two Ta152C's but the book mentions H's in several places.

The guy in the picture is Generalleutnant Dietrich Peltz.

Beat me to it! He is unmistakeable.
I don't have Reschke's book to hand but I'm guessing this picture was taken late in the war as he's visiting a fighter unit. Pelz always looks young for a General :)
Cheers
Steve

Guys in the background don't look to happy.

the pilots were not too keen/kind to him, this is in 45 when visiting III. gruppe and Peltz hopped into black 3 Ta 152H-0, it is a series of cine film.

ah no it is black 3. Reschke has thought to have flown a black 13 Ta but in reality it was black 3. I see the statement on pg 214. smae A/C on the previous page when Peltz was reviewing the Ta's of III. gruppe and Fw Doras of Ii. gruppe and their personell, the gruppen did not want him anywhere close to their units in reality

Wayne am holding my own for the time being, the horizontal bar on the Arado I believe is red and no numbers or codes visible. need to check further as the bar might be green of the Geschwader stab.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back