Ju 87 G Operations in April 1945

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Andrew Arthy

Airman 1st Class
Hi,

My most recent blog post was published yesterday, and it deals with Junkers 87 G anti-tank operations on the Eastern Front in mid-April 1945. It can be found here: Late-War Ju 87 G Operations - Air War Publications, and hopefully is of interest to members of the forum.

Cheers,
Andrew A.

Thank you for sharing, fascinating reading. Amazing they still had the logistical ability to put these aircraft into combat at this incredibly late stage of the war. I wonder how the squadrons fuel, engine oil, lubricants and ammunition were still available and being delivered.

Thank you for sharing, fascinating reading. Amazing they still had the logistical ability to put these aircraft into combat at this incredibly late stage of the war. I wonder how the squadrons fuel, engine oil, lubricants and ammunition were still available and being delivered.

Thanks for the nice words about my blog post. Although the Luftwaffe was lacking many resources in the final months of the war, it still had a fully functioning bureaucracy, and it marshalled its remaining fuel, oil and ammunition very carefully. Attached are two translated documents: a Luftwaffe fuel allocation list from 10 April 1945; and a signal from 28 April 1945 regarding jet fuel for Me 262s in Czechoslovakia.

Cheers,
Andrew A.

Attachments

• DSCF3023.JPG
    DSCF3023.JPG
    151.4 KB · Views: 128
  • _DSC9394.JPG
    _DSC9394.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 121
Even on May 1, 1945 much of Germany was still not occupied by the Allies. I imagine there were lots of airfields, aircraft and fuel depots in these areas.

73zkwu2bk5xz.jpg

Note that sortie were two or three aircraft, rather than the squadron-strength sorties flown earlier in the war.

And yes, thanks for the article.

Uncle Ted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back