Ju-87D-8

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Erich!

Got it today! Here are the profiles and decal sheet. Are these even remotely correct, other than the fact that they're D-5s?

IMG_12.jpg

IMG.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

Digging this thread out again, I'm in the research phase of it!

Karl was a gold medal champion and found me Ghost Bombers in PDF, so I now have that excellent book.

In it is this profile:

Picture6-1.png

Ju 87D-5 of 2./NSG 9, Ghedi (Italy), December 1944

Based on a photograph of "red J" of 2./NSG 9, possibly E8+JK, WNr. 140750, in which Fhj.Ofw Artur Heiland and Uffz. Artur Ballok were shot down by a USAAF Nightfighter on 22 December, 1944. The brown meander pattern was less convoluted than on most NSG 9 machines. As the war progressed the Gruppe tended to remove the dive brakes from its aircraft; Werknummern were usually hidden by oversprayed camouflage.

This is NOT the plane I want to do, rather it's the only profile of a 2./NSG 9 D-5 that I can find. Instead, I would like to do E8+GK, as I have the decals for that one. Now, I would assume that if I did mine as being in the same time frame as JK, they would be pretty much the same. I cannot find any actual photos of GK, so if anyone has any, or any information on that particular plane, that would be fantastic! I cannot find any reference to it in Ghost Bombers either.

PS, once again the Hasegawa plans are wrong for painting, as it has the squiggles as being Lichtblau!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back