Junkers 88A-4 Markings

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

mandoman

Airman 1st Class
Jan 29, 2006
corn contry USA
I have been working on a Pro-Modeler Junkers Ju88A-4. The decals with the kit suck, to put it mildly. Do any of you have suggestions for where I can find the correct decal markings for that model? The version I am shooting for is like the one in this picture. :?:

Attachments

• ju88.jpeg
    ju88.jpeg
    15.8 KB · Views: 121
Can't quite make out the Geschwader badge in the pic, Mando'. I'm not sure there are any 1/48th KG markings decals on the market at the moment, although a hunt through the various catalogues might find something.
What is it you need, in the way of codes and badges, and I'll have a look at what I've got?
I had this problem years ago, with my JU88A5 conversion; got the code letters from Microscale, but had to hand paint the badges!
I've got some bits and pieces, some on a 1/72nd scale sheet, which might be adaptable to the larger scale.
Terry.

Can't quite make out the Geschwader badge in the pic, Mando'.

Yeah, I hear that, Airframes. I've been struggling with that myself. If I could nail that badge down, I could probably find at least one of the Ju-88s in that group.

Try these mate,

Good source, Lucky13. I've been searching through those, but it's hard to tell. I tried cleaning up the pic I have a little, to see the badge better, but that doesn't seem to be possible. Thanks, I'll keep searching those decals. :confused:

That's a KG-54 "Totenkopf" machine mate! I've been looking at the wrong spot...:oops: Now I see the skull and crossbones....just behind the glassed nosed...

Man, great eyes. I've been staring at that picture, and comparing it to decals for hours, and never once made that skull and crossbones connection. The only problem now is that I have to find someone that makes those particular markings for the Ju-88A. The site you sent me to has the KG 54 markings for the Me-262, but not the Ju-88. That's a great site though, and I definately have it book marked. Thanks for all the help guys, I really appreciate it. :)

I settled the whole thing by just buying the actual Ju-88A-4. Now I can build the C version that the Pro-Modeler kit specifies. :)

It'll be cool to have both versions anyway, as they differ quite a bit. Having fun. :)

Oh, for my 1:48? I decided to go with the tail code "C" as I've seen photos of ones with C, no idea what carrier they're from. Oh well, first letter of my name and it's accurate! Thanks again!

Also, take a look at the thread we were talking about 21st Century in.

Thanks Catch, done that. Had a look at the 21st Century web-site also, might order direct when ready.

I love the B25, might post some pics of the exterior and interior of the Duxford B25C when it first arrived in the U.K., when I find them!
Wow, a Mitchell in 1/18th scale! I'd need to move house, or rent a barn or field! That must be something!

Seriously a 1/18 B-25 when do ya draw the line between model and replica Aircraft?

Put some electronics in it ,some engines and a 3 year old! and you have no longer have a "static" model

I'm going to take a couple of pix of the Ju-88 I'm working on right now, as I am in the process of smoothing out the glue joint connections, on the body and wings. I would certainly appreciate any input on how to improve my technique. The biggest problem I have is salvaging the legitimate lines during the sanding process. :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back