Just a small sized truck I saw in my neighborhood today (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Saw a whole show on those road trains. And they aren't speed sloths either. And you gotta love the cattle catcher on the front!

but these are the most adorable little sheds on wheels you've ever seen they're very elegant and have proper wooden furnature and even wood burning stoves!

Just south of my place they are building the twin to the Tacoma Narrows Bridge (Galloping Gurdy). It requires to 100ton expansion joints that are made in Idaho. They trucked them 300 miles across the state on this beast. The number and configuration of the wheel bogies were deemed inadequate for the weight and subsequently had to be increased. Max speed: 10-12mph

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjIJmuXtIUU

Attachments

• 070409-tacoma.jpg
    070409-tacoma.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 121
Nah... we don't like big things.

Attachments

• STS114RolloutW15.jpg
    STS114RolloutW15.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 128
  • STS114RolloutW17A.jpg
    STS114RolloutW17A.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 126
  • STS114RolloutW17B.jpg
    STS114RolloutW17B.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 126
  • STS114RolloutW27.jpg
    STS114RolloutW27.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 119
Somebody is going to have to take his spot. I have tried, but it grates upon me to have to perform duties that Lanc once assumed. However, I don't think Lanc is coming back on any frequent basis. Syscom, its all yours. :)

I don't think I have ever seen a Shell Truck like that before. Must have a big motor. And how does a Dump Truck towing six Dumpsters even navigate a city turn?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back